Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know about the server upgrade which will be happening within the next week or so. I purchased a new server for BestTechie (same hosting company) which we will be moving to sometime in the next week or so. Below are the new specs (they're pretty awesome):

Intel® Core™ i7-920 Quadcore incl. Hyper-Threading Technology

RAM 8 GB DDR3 RAM

Hard discs 2 x 750 GB SATA-II HDD (Software-RAID 1)

NIC 1 GBit OnBoard

I'll post some more details/info when I have a better idea on when the move will happen. However, that being said, it should work out about the same as last time. In the mean time, admire the new server! :P

I also want to apologize for moving servers what seems to be quite frequently. This will be the last move for quite some time (assuming there isn't some kind of drastic circumstance).

B

Also, the brief downtime that we just experienced was because of a change I just made (not because we moved servers). Just wanted to let everyone know. :P

Basically, what I changed (after a recommendation from Pierce) was that I installed nginx to serve all of the static files on the server or more specifically: jpg, jpeg, gif, css, png, js, and ico. This will help decrease load time and increase performance (which I've already noticed myself). It should be even faster once we move to the new server.

Let me know if you notice any differences in speed.

B

I noticed the difference as soon as I logged on a few minutes ago. :blink:

I hope that's a good difference. :thumbsup:

B

Definitely. There used to be times that I had to hit the refresh button in Opera so the site's graphics would completely load.

Further to my last post. Heh, this is a much faster sever. Very responsive. No lag to speak of. :thumbsup:

Awesome! :)

I noticed the difference as soon as I logged on a few minutes ago. :blink:

I hope that's a good difference. :thumbsup:

B

Definitely. There used to be times that I had to hit the refresh button in Opera so the site's graphics would completely load.

Excellent!

B

Odd, For some reason my old bookmark failed to work.

I had to google you, click on your twitter post and go there and from there click a link and replace them.

Thank god for your @bing review.

Still unsure why the old bookmark kept giving a server unavailable return.

Odd, For some reason my old bookmark failed to work.

I had to google you, click on your twitter post and go there and from there click a link and replace them.

Thank god for your @bing review.

Still unsure why the old bookmark kept giving a server unavailable return.

Might have been browser cache if you haven't visited the home page since the move? Where does your bookmark point to?

B