I Need A Website To Host A Lot Of Videos

I need a website to host an unlimited amount of video,cannot use youtube,I need the site to be searchable and have thumbnail photos,i know a lot of sites offer unlimited but suggest you upgrade if you have too much...I guess what I am trying to do is make a website similar to youtube?

• 3 weeks later...
I need a website to host an unlimited amount of video,cannot use youtube,I need the site to be searchable and have thumbnail photos,i know a lot of sites offer unlimited but suggest you upgrade if you have too much...I guess what I am trying to do is make a website similar to youtube?

Well, whenever you say unlimited you get into the need to pay for the bandwidth and storage space you will be taking up.

Most 'free access" and even "advertising supported" have limits and want you to upgrade to a paid account when you get to the point that their income does not meet the cost of having you around.

So you could make your own site, get a host and pay for your space and bandwidth and do all the setup and design; or you can pay someone who has already done this to host your stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I recommend using a web host that allows unlimited bandwidth and storage such as HostMonster or BlueHost and then installing a video-sharing CMS (Content Management System) such as this one: http://plone.org/products/plumi

I am a HostMonster customer myself, and I can say that using their web hosting service for video storage and streaming on such a large scale may be considered a violation of their TOS.

Secondly, when running such a multimedia-rich website, you may find out that "unlimited" does not mean what you think it does. Look at some of the threads on the forum for user comments.