Adding Contents To One's First Web Site.

I woudl stay away from front page .. more so with apache. frontpage generates non-standared HTML a nd you can not publish to apache with out adding frontpage extentions.. which are way too easy to hack..

try nvu http://www.nvu.com/

it will do what front page does plus its free..

and adhears to the W3C standard for html generation.

it also includes a java command line to test any java you may use.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I like to create webpages just typing in notepad, or a html editor which I dont use and just save as .html....

This is to me much easier then openening a cumbersome program everytime I need to edit something on any type of computer (Mac, PC, etc...)

So you should learn how to do html on your own, much better :lol:

REAL webpages never use templates or frontpage it slows down the learning progress.

Html is VERY easy. Its not a programming language I'm sure anyone now reading it can start and do good.

GoTo..

www.htmlgoodies.com (Love it)

www.htmlbasix.com (Good script site and some OK tutorials)

I learned eveyrthing I did from them :) And googling a but on random sites :)

GoodLuck! To you and all others that read...

try nvu http://www.nvu.com/

it will do what front page does plus its free..

and adhears to the W3C standard for html generation.

it also includes a java command line to test any java you may use.

kudos on the nvu find...hadn't heard of it before I went to your site, tried pretty much every other wysiwyg editor and was disappointed...it's been my editor of choice for a while now.

Thanks for all of the helpfull links guys. I bookmarked mostly all of them and I will be busy reading for a while. I have now technically made 3 web sites. 2 for the company I work for and one was a family album type of site for my family. I am eager to learn HTML, I feel its the next step for me so thanks again. I use frontpage for my sites, and I felt it was quite difficult to adjust to in the beginning, but I am overall happy with the layout of the site and its functionability. I plan to take a look at NVU, Ill get back to you after a trial run.

:D

post-19-1110948041.gif