Well I just installed Fedora Core 3 on a troublesome windows PC at home a week ago. iccaros is right:-) The best way to make a computer run trouble free is to remove windows from it. I downloaded the ISOs from Red Hat and like the distro very much.

I ran Red Hat 9 for a year ; this is an excellent replacement for that distro. If you liked Red Hat 9 you'll really like Fedora Core 3. No glitches to speak of. I installed FC3 on an old IBM Plll 667 MHz 300 PL PC with 256 MB RAM. It runs well on this old unit with RAM to spare.

Fedora found all of my hardware, set-up was a snap. The anaconda installer is very good.

I'm going to run this for a bit. So far I think this is a good thing. You might wish to check it out.

:D

"iccaros is right:-) The best way to make a computer run trouble free is to remove windows from it"

I said that to a couple at compusa and the store clerk got really mad.. I told them they did not need Norton AV just put Linux on the box ..

"iccaros is right:-) The best way to make a computer run trouble free is to remove windows from it"

I said that to a couple at compusa and the store clerk got really mad.. I told them they did not need Norton AV just put Linux on the box ..

LOL, I say the same thing to my co-workers too, mostly I get met with glassy eyed stares.

As I stated I recently improved the performance of this PC.

Last week it was running Win 98SE. However, it was starting to get flakey. I had installed a copy of M$ Office XP on it and also a new printer driver as well. As soon as I did that the unit became unstable, locking up, blue screens.......oh joy. Also, my hard drive was clicking like crazy all the time.

So I installed Fedora Core 3. Fedora found my new printer, my hardware. Now the computer runs quietly, happily.

Linux rules.