Maximized Windows Will Not Move

Windows 7 RC1 ::: When I move a maximized window to my secondary monitor instead of moving to that monitor it moves back to the primary monitor. I dont know what is wrong, it used to work perfectly fine. Thanks in advance

Edited by 420

You might want to edit your post title to include the fact that the problem concerns dual monitors so it has a better chance of catching the eyes of someone who knows something about that kind of setup. As it is I thought you were trying to move a maximized window around on one monitor, it didn't make sense.

So can we assume non-maximized windows CAN still be moved between monitors?

I do have two monitors but it doesnt matter if you are moving it to the other monitor or not, it still just moves and when you unclick it goes right back to the original spot.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't maximize work similar to "Full Screen"? So it would be difficult to move it from one screen to the other as it is docked on the primary monitor. I'd suggest just minimizing its size, then manually changing the size of the window and then moving it to the other monitor.

That's why I didn't "get" it when I thought it was a single monitor: I thought "Maximized" meant it was as large as it could get, with both a pre-determined size AND location, based on your resolution. I would think it SHOULD snap back (if you could move it at all) to that pre-determined size and location, at least on a single monitor.

I do have a new piece of info on it, it does have to do with the dual monitors. When in screen resolution I change the output to just one monitor and Aero Snap works perfectly, but when I switch the output to extend destop, Aero Snap keeps windows maximized until you double click it. Thanks guys for helping hopefully we can figure something out soon. =D