when I setup a shared printer on a mac with my XP and Vista machine, I used Bonjour. It includes a printer sharing utility, that configures printer sharing automatically. It works really smooth

edit added later//

you first have to enable printer sharing on the mac. Then run "bonjour for windows" and it will configure the connection to the mac printer.

OK I am trying to set it up using bojour and it is not working. I am getting an error. I get all the way to the end and then I get a box that says, "you do not have sufficent access to your computer to connect to this selected printer."

Nope no other XP machines or Vista or what ever. I went into the firewall and allowed Bojour to connect through so it should be working. Also I know things work since mac mini sees the printer just fine and connects. So I am thinking something is not working right in Windows to the mac and vice versa. I hope there is no need to turn on file sharing on ibook as that is something I never need or want.

the issues I have found is Windows dose not understand CUPS.. so Apple came out with bonjour . I also found that you must install http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...forwindows.html

on the windows machine..