Your Opinion On This Firewall Protestion Please

I went to a local computer store to check out some routers with the firewall protection today. I've never had one and thought it was time to get one. Needless to say I was a little over whelemed at the various products there are.

I was looking for a Netgear (which they had) and was shown many other products to choose from also.

Well after a little discussion on some of these....the sales person showed me this little unit called "AlphaShield" . Now I didn't get it yet...but I took the model# and other info. to check it out on the net. at home.

So if I could get your opinions on whether this unit is good or not that would be great. Seems it's very simple to hook up and no maint. Which is right up my alley.....lol.

There is a training video.......but beware dial-up users...it's 8.8MB.

I have only one computer and I'm on DSL....hope there is enough info. also in my sig. area.

AlphaShield

Thanks in advance.......

First I heard of it, but from what I seen. It looks good. Never seen the price you'll have to pay for it. but yes. It sounds good to me. Any defense against the outside world nowadays is always a plus.

well i never heard of this product before. and for $150.00 i'll buy a router instead. that's what i have, a Linksys (wired) router/w/ firewall. cost? $79 on sale, 3 years ago. i like routers because when i'm working on a pc (rebuilding) or building a pc, i can simply add it to the router and off i go without disturbing the "home" pc.

well i never heard of this product before. and for $150.00 i'll buy a router instead. that's what i have, a Linksys (wired) router/w/ firewall. cost? $79 on sale, 3 years ago. i like routers because when i'm working on a pc (rebuilding) or building a pc, i can simply add it to the router and off i go without disturbing the "home" pc.

Wow, nowaday's you can pick up a router thats not on sale for about $20-$30.

Wow, nowaday's you can pick up a router thats not on sale for about $20-$30.

please provide proof of your claim.....??

i buy only name brand products, not unknown brands, or inadequate brands that simply do not have the features i want or need.

Thanks everyone for having a look at Alpha Shield.

pro 1 driver......you are right on the money..... :D

I was looking at these:

Linksys (wired)....89.99

Netgear- RP614 (wired)....79.99

And then was shown Alpha Shield.........149.99