I Want To Tell You My Story.

Hi

I want to tell you my story.

I had job during 30 years. everything was fine and I had everything.

but bad time came.

the concern declared bankrrupt.

every worker was fired. and I have lost my job and now I am in despair.

I do not have bucks and I am in depression. :(

But in spite of this I am trying to be an optimistic person and i hope everything will be very good.

Please, advise me how to get rid of depression.

please, do not delete my theme. I want to hear your answers

I do not know if you have religious beliefs or not. I am not trying to tell what to do. I will tell you when I have a difficult problem and I don't know what to do, I say a prayer and ask for help and offer my problem up so I don't feel so alone. Good luck and keep your spirits up. You must have been a very good employee to last 30 years. If a perspective employer sees that kind of dedication it will definitely help you.

take care,

Pat

I just get off my butt and find another job. I don't mind taking any type of work as long as I can put money in my pocket to live on. Many times I have taken on two to three different jobs a week to earn what I need. At times I have worked 16+ hours a day for 7 days a week. At one stretch I went 12 years without taking a day off. I also learned never to live above my means. If I can't pay cash for what I want then I go without. It helps that I am mechanically inclined, love doing hard labor and don't mind working outdoors in all types of weather.

Well from your control of the English language I presume it is not your primary language and hence you are probably not in the US and may not have the protection of unemployment compensation.

If your country does have unemployment insurance (where employers pay in based on their payroll so that if they go under then the government has money to pay their employees while they find new jobs) you should file immediately for your benefits.

How to deal with depression? Do not dwell on the bad, do not fear the future. You are in the same boat as a lot of people who live paycheck to paycheck and have no savings.

First thing and most important is to look for work. Do not limit yourself to your previous profession, be willing to take what is available to pay your bills. Having your time occupied looking for work will keep you from worrying about things that are out of your control.

The second thing is to control spending. If you have services you do not need and can not afford, cancel them. Cut back your cable and phone service to basic; remember you probably need the phone for employers to contact you so do not get it shut off.

Cut your food spending back, no eating out; no more luxury items in meals; basics will do.

Above all do not stay in bed or sit around and drink. It will only make you more depressed . You cannot get a job if you are not out there knocking on doors and making phones ring. Get out and walk, the exercise too will clear your mind and fend off depression.

Do not lie to relatives and friends; let them know now that your job is gone and you are seeking employment and anything they hear of is appreciated. A great many jobs are obtained through networking; referral by a friend or relative . Keep in touch with former co workers as they too may find a company that is hiring or come across a job they do not qualify for but you do.

• 2 weeks later...
Our author's profile shows age 25 & a female avatar but has had a job for 30 years & now unemployed - hmmmm???

Also....

Very observant, Peaches! :matrix:

Heh-heh, nice catch, jcl! :thumbsup: The OP is a spammer. :)

Odd that she (he) uses the same user name and posts the same thing so many places.

I fail to see the point.

Maybe a sociology or psych student trying to gather data.

Although it seems that a common thread is the site that you get sent to if you check out his profile on any of them and click view my website.

Icontact.com Hot Russian women.

I guess that is the point of it all. Lonely hearts scam.

Possibly; or just to confuse moderators. After all how many of them bother to check links in sigs and profiles? Especially when they show as "my website"

Secondly even if the thread is locked or removed and the poster banned their profile often remains public an accessible.