Got my 2 SP2 Cd's today (yes 2 ,,ordered twice)

Now to install or wait a few more day's / week's / month's / year's

I"ve D/Led and printed out everything Pete C and Cherokee chief have advised us to do before installing! and read ALL the "SP2 didn't install properly" threads as well as the "it worked for me no problems ones".

But the bad installs out do the good installs ,,,hence my concern <_<

Any advice would be very welcome

WOOHOO!!! I just found a box of blank CD's I didn't know i had ,,might backup my partners and kids PC ,,and try it on there :D

I see, you gonna make them be the guinea pigs eh. Don't blame you , gonna do my son's before mine. Also he has a lot less to back up than I do. His comp only 4 months old mine 2 1/2 years.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

JD

Unless M$ is going to come out with another SP2 disk in the future. It will still be the same upgrade. But yes I can understand your concerns about it. I run the IT version on both of my PC, One is a Compaq, (my backup). And the other is on my homebuilt one. Both went without any problems. And I'm not having any problems with any of the programs "That May Behave Differently" That I have installed.

As long as you follow everyones advice on installing SP2, I see no real problems.

But like you said, there could be fixes M$ put out before you do decide to upgrade. And it's not going to hurt anything by being carefull and waiting for awhile on the upgrade.

I'm just foolish myself, Had to do the IT upgrade on my backup as soon as it went gold. and after everything went OK, did it to my main PC. Probobly one of the first 10 at the G4 boards to give everyone the lowdown on it.

Just to let all know ! SP2 installed with NO probs .

NOTE !! anyone who uses "StyleXP" needs to have the latest ver (2.13) installed first , I did and had no probs.

My thanks to all who installed before me! ,,who's info I used. :D

Ohh,,and i installed it on MY PC not the partners and kids! will do that tomorrow