update the java from the internet explorer.

click on tools in the internet explorer.

select the internet options in the tools menu> select the settings in the general tab>click on view objects

update the java installed files.

click OK and apply.

if needed download the java in the computer from the internet .

Like garmanma suggested, use javara to remove it all the way.

Make sure to close any browsers (internet explorer) or other items which may use java so that it can be uninstalled from them too.

Then you can either use javara to get the latest or go to get the installer at

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Oh yes, and make sure to close your browser during install so it can install in it.

Other things that cause the "java not installed" error are popup blockers and script blocking in antivirus or addons like NoScript

IE8 has filters similar to noscript

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1421

download the java from the internet . your problem should be resolved.

before downloading the java check the java in the add and remove programs if it exists than uninstalled there after that restart the computer and try to installed the latest version of java.

Please can abyone help i have vista my java quit working uninstall it and tryed to reinstall it say java is in and wont download it.I run the windows cleaner and it still wont let me down load.the icon is still in my computer and and the java machine and i cant uninstall it. thank you

He already tried that and it says it is installed so he cannot reinstall.

Solution is to use javara and purge all java from the machine and then he can do the clean install.