Unfortunately, the "safest" repair, the kind that retains all your data, also retains all your settings. Right now your settings include hiding that task bar somewhere. A repair might put the task bar right back where it is now (wherever that is!).

I don't have your particular OS, but for me, that task bar IS there somewhere. I've lost it too and it turned out to be 'hidden' on an unexpected side of the screen. It's possible that that teensy bar you "grab" with your mouse, that you normally see on the bottom, is offscreen due to your monitor setttings or capabilities. If that's the case, switch (just temporarily) to a lower resolution display driver. EVERYTHING will be BIGGER, including that teensy bar. It just might show up if it's larger. When you move the mouse pointer to the top and sides be sure to "linger" there, for whatever reason the bar may not pop up as quickly as you expect.

Another way to accomplish the same thing is to boot the machine in Safe Mode (which uses a lower resolution driver -- at least, on my OS it does). That pesky task bar might be easier to see then.

It sounds to me like windows has jammed while loading and your graphic user interface (gui) did not load.

Hit ctrl+alt+del to bring up the task manager

click file => new task

type

explorer.exe

hit enter

this should launch the desktop and taskbar etc

If that works, use system restore to return to before things got messed up.