Removing Factory Installed Programs

I would not remove languages because you do not need it, but software compiled my need it.. as for software just drag to the trash from applications.

as for software just drag to the trash from applications.

I am not sure which stuff you are talking about? give me an example.. OSX is pretty lean, like equation editor is nothing more than a small (few K) but is part of the PDF engine which is also apart of the print driver.. so as you can see most things are reused to save space.

There is a app called Monolingual that will remove languages. Also try app cleaner for removing apps completely. But be very careful removing fonts if you remove a font that some program uses that program may not work anymore.

I usually do a custom install when I get a new machine. But hard drives are so big now a few hundred Mb really don't make much of a difference.

yes but also remember that HFS is a journalized File system so 10% of the 120gig is used for file system overhead that you will never get back. isteve has good advice.. since I think you are using this for movies, what I did is set up a small nas with freenas and that is my drive storage.. or add a drive (http://www.123macmini.com/accessories/guide/enclosures.html) I like the ministack. good luck