New Plasma Tv Question.

I purchased this set yesterday at sears.

Panasonic TH46PZ80U

Anyway have little experience with plasma sets and none with panasonic products at all, and I am concerned about burn in regarding station logos and aspect bars. I read that sets have protection for this but couldn't find it in the manual or in the menus, or is it perhaps an automatic thing?

Thanks in advance.

Also Any other pointers on how to get the most out of this set would be appreciated as well.

• 3 weeks later...
I purchased this set yesterday at sears.

Panasonic TH46PZ80U

Anyway have little experience with plasma sets and none with panasonic products at all, and I am concerned about burn in regarding station logos and aspect bars. I read that sets have protection for this but couldn't find it in the manual or in the menus, or is it perhaps an automatic thing?

Thanks in advance.

Also Any other pointers on how to get the most out of this set would be appreciated as well.

Plasma TV's are more susceptible to burn-in than LCD's. However most logos are now moved around the screen periodically by the broadcaster. (personally I find ALL logos to be annoying.)

For more info on AV equipment, this is a great site.

Have fun with your new toy.

Joe

• 1 month later...

That's plasma TVs for you. At present I think people prefer HD LCD TVs because they require less power and still have a vivid picture. I was really envious of one guy who won a Sharp HDTV that costs $1000 at an auction at Gobid for only $200! :ph34r: Well I know Sharp isn't the best with HDTV technology but still it's a 32 inch HDTV for such a low cost.

Edited by Stevezach