A Serious Topic From Me

macmarauder not tring to joke arround.

i don't believe it! :rolleyes:

not posible you say.

ok for once i have serious topic............... wait it's coming ....... rrrrrrrrrr! ......... ahhhhhhhhhh!

online relationships :o "DA DA DAAA!" :P

has anyone had one and do they have any advice? are they good, bad, evil, or just simply a long shot for lasting?

i'll understand if no one wants to speak up on this one.

i just read where 13 14 15 16 year olds are the biggst users of this srevice.

i watched a program on discovery .

they now write in code and the younger users pick up the code quicker than others .

they other downside was the reporter was comminicating with a user.

who thought it was a 18 year old girl.

but when they confronted the offender

it was a 35 year old man.

so there are plenty of diversty in this sort of relationship

no only joking.

the program.

stated there are .i million online relationships around the world .

a day.

thats quite a big number .

or is it.

ive never had one so i cant pass comment.

marty

Long shot, yes...Impossible, no

As long as both parties are communicating honestly, the odds improve

If both are actually mentally healthy, even moreso (what are the odds of that though?...lol)

It helps quite a bit if they're local, long distance sucks and I don't think I've ever known anyone that's made that work.

Oh, give it up...it's futile unless you're just looking to propagate....Mine is due in July!!!

:lol:

Ihave had 2.........one didn't work cause the guy ended up being a jerk. The other didn't work for me as well but ONLY cause he was more ready to be married at the time than I was and wanted children asap. I was 18, and NOT ready for that.

The second guy, although it didn't work out, we are still good friends and talk to each other whenever possible. Online relationships CAN work as long as both people are willing to work for it, just like in a face to face relationship.

I also know someone who met someone online, and ended up getting married to them. They're a wonderful couple and have been together for several years now.

I have to agree with what's already been said. Online relationships CAN work out..as long as both people are committed to it, and to working through the difficulties that can often arise. I know that in the relationship I'm currently in, we are able to talk more freely about "important" issues than I think I have ever been able to in "real" life. That term irks me, actually. "real" life. Who says that an online relationship is any LESS real than if I were going on out actual dates?

Sure, there are always going to be issues like trust, and fear and doubt. But...don't we all experience those same things in "real" life too??

My brother met his wife Amanda online. He lived in IN and she was from CO. They've been married very happily for several years now. So I know it CAN work. It all goes back to how much you want it to, and how hard you're willing to work to make it last.

As long as both parties are communicating honestly (tictoc5150)

I agree with the above, honesty is the most important thing. You cant actually see the person you're involved with online, you just type to them. This makes it alot more difficult, in my opinion, you have to trust that the person is being completely honest and open with you , and that they are not just playing games. For a person like me with serious trust issues , this is extremely difficult. Yes you can talk on the phone but it is still difficult. Sure it is possible for it to work, anything is possible. But, I think it is much more difficult. Good Luck, if you are involved in an online relationship. I hope it works out for you.

:)

Sure, there are always going to be issues like trust, and fear and doubt. But...don't we all experience those same things in "real" life too?? (Kat)

Yes, those things are always an issue in "real" life but online they are much stronger feelings and much larger issues, at least for me.

:unsure:

you're absolutely right Jas. It is harder in some ways, being able to just let go and trust that way. I guess though for me, it is a little easier in some ways... As I said, I know that I can be totally open and honest with this person. I know in my heart he won't ever hurt me, and I am pretty sure he knows the same. Getting over that fear, and taking that leap of faith is difficult in ANY situation. I guess with some things....you just close your eyes and leap.

I had one on-line friend who stopped communicating with me. Her name is chinawht.

I was close to her and considered her a good friend. Now that she has stopped writing to me and some other forum members here it just creeps me out.

What happened to her? I haven't really had any negative on-line experiences, just this mysterious encounter. This is one of many draw backs to digital friendships.:unsure:

Edited by hitest

ok here's the dark truth. I knew no one locally that interested me. the ones I liked didn't like me. I started talking to a lady on ICQ in 2000. we were straight with each other. we have now been married for 3 years. I'm not saying that we're not without problems but who is? it worked for me.

I'm not saying that we're not without problems but who is?

Thank you! I wish more people would understand that as well! Too many people believe that relationships shouldn't have arguments and such! ARRG!

Real relationships have lots of arguments.

My wife and I have real fights sometimes, but, we're together through thick and thin. I've been married to my woman for over 20 years and wouldn't change a thing.

I believe a relationship started on-line is a very good way to get to know each other. Of course honesty and caution must be present. It makes getting to know likes and dislikes easier. There are no "hormones" getting in the way of great conversation. Long distances can be overcome if the relationship is true. Just be wary, use all your instincts, and street smarts.

Mine started over 7 months ago. He traveled from the UK to Michigan. It is all I expected, even a few problems. But none that can't be overcome at this point. Time will truely tell, and I intend to take it slow...

I had one on-line friend who stopped communicating with me.  Her name is chinawht.

i miss her too buddy. :(

i don't know where she is or what she is doing but i hope that she is alright.

not to give up on her but if she's gone for good i imagine her floating on a cloud of those smiles she loved. :lol:

Hi macmarauder,

That's a nice way of putting it, buddy :D

I'd like to think that if chinawht is gone she is in peace. I know she was very ill months ago. I just wish I knew what happened. One of the mysteries of life. :blink:

I had one on-line friend who stopped communicating with me.  Her name is chinawht.

not to give up on her but if she's gone for good i imagine her floating on a cloud of those smiles she loved. :lol:

Hi macmarauder,

I'd like to think that if chinawht is gone she is in peace. I know she was very ill months ago. I just wish I knew what happened. One of the mysteries of life. :blink:

food for thought: just a little something that came to mind.

some people believe that our loved ones can see us from above. if so than can she see us talking about her in the thread?

yeh. she's probably sitting in an internet caffe in heaven reading this. :rolleyes: yes i can see it now, provided by Heavenly Internet.

Yes, it would be nice to believe that is so. But I just hope it's not the case yet, and that we may still here from our friend here.

I hope so too, man! But, chinawht is such a friendly, caring person it would be unlike her to cut-off contact with all of us.

Hi macmarauder,

food for thought: just a little something that came to mind.

some people believe that our loved ones can see us from above. if so than can she see us talking about her in the thread?

yeh. she's probably sitting in an internet caffe in heaven reading this. :rolleyes: yes i can see it now, provided by Heavenly Internet.

Maybe we'll know the answer to this puzzle one day :D