Get on another computer, download a copy of Malwarebytes, found here. Drag the installer into a USB drive.

Install Malwarebytes onto the computer that is having problems

Update Malwarebytes (if possible) by clicking the update tab so your malwarebytes will have the latest signatures

Do a quick scan

At the conclusion of the scan please save the log to a place where you can easily find it.

Then run a full scan.

and save the log.

Download HiJack This if you don't already have it and do a scan. save the logfile to an easily identifiable place.

Then post the HiJack This!, and Malwarebytes logs here:

darthvader, only trained malware staff should be posting malware advice. Generic instructions are ok, but let the staff handle it from there. I don't see much of an issue with this post, I'm just bringing that fact to you attention.

Matt

Yeah I understand Matt, I've been on other tech supports site like geekstogo so I know you're not allowed to give advice unless your trained. I pretty much just copied and pasted the stuff you're supposed to do before posting in the HiJack this thread. But yeah I'll make sure I don't post any more advice than that.

Ah were to start

Does this point you in the right direction?

E:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\CenturyTel\Home Network Manager\AffinegyService.exe

Yep, when you cloned things, the registry still points to C: not E: for things like program files.

You probably did not clone, you copied? And as such things won't boot since the boot sector and boot loader are on C: not E but you still need C because the registry is all wrong.

You could remove C:

Set E as primary master so it is the new C:

THen boot to your XP install cd and boot to the recovery console

Do the following commands in order one at a time waiting for each to finish.

fixmbr

fixboot

bootcfg

Now remove the cd and restart and it should boot to the cloned install.

Of course now all the things which point to programs and services as E: (look through your hijackthis log) will no longer work.

I think at this point your best option is to back up all your data to removable media and do a clean install.

Thanks for the reply Pete. This is exactly the response I was looking for, but not hoping for. I used HDClone for the process and did not take my C: drive out before rebooting. I read somewhere that that is what I needed to do. Can I not just put everything back on C and try the process again? Your help is much appreciated.

Ah were to start

Does this point you in the right direction?

E:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\CenturyTel\Home Network Manager\AffinegyService.exe

Yep, when you cloned things, the registry still points to C: not E: for things like program files.

You probably did not clone, you copied? And as such things won't boot since the boot sector and boot loader are on C: not E but you still need C because the registry is all wrong.

You could remove C:

Set E as primary master so it is the new C:

THen boot to your XP install cd and boot to the recovery console

Do the following commands in order one at a time waiting for each to finish.

fixmbr

fixboot

bootcfg

Now remove the cd and restart and it should boot to the cloned install.

Of course now all the things which point to programs and services as E: (look through your hijackthis log) will no longer work.

I think at this point your best option is to back up all your data to removable media and do a clean install.

Does C: work correctly?>

The problem I see is that it appears that you have a hodgepodge of entries; some pointing to C: some to E:

so just moving things around won't help since the registry is all bollixed. You could try a repair install and hope if fixes what needs fixing and then do reinstall of programs as needed.