Ok, so I got this ViewSonic E90f 19" PerfectFlat monitor about a month ago. love it. works great, looks amazing. Except for one thing. Whenever the monitor turns of and turns back on, or goes to screensaver and back, it resizes itself. It will position itself outside of the viewing area and just change its dimensions. It is really annoying to have to fix it every day, sometimes more than once. Any suggestions as to how I could fix this? Thanks.

-gimpi

i'm no monitor expert, but it sounds like the monitor might be screwed up, I would recommend contacting the company about it, it should still be under warranty, since you said you got ia month ago, so there would be no charge to you except for shipping and handling charges to and from the repair facility.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have worked on these monitors before, and have also come across the problem you mentioned, the reason is in reference to your resolution settings, the screen tries to adjust to the best position based on the selections in the display properties, however you should be able to override the monitors 'auto' settings by turning on the OSD lock. (setting on the front of the screen menu buttons) in the same menu as you would change the screen settings in the 1st place.

hope this helps.

mikeyb