19 Processes Regularly

12 Processes without eye candy. Post your task manager and order it by memory usage.

It'll be interesting to see what programs you have running in the background, perhaps we can even give tips on how to slim up our system?

c740cd230d398802715ddf49936a5d91.jpg

Edited by darthvader
19 Processes Regularly

12 Processes without eye candy. Post your task manager and order it by memory usage.

It'll be interesting to see what programs you have running in the background, perhaps we can even give tips on how to slim up our system?

c740cd230d398802715ddf49936a5d91.jpg

Gee you must really own an old POS crappy computer if you can only run 19 processes; I generally consider 40 to be normal and nothing to worry about performance wise even on something as old as a Tualatin.

I don't get how its POS if I've managed to eliminate unnecessary processes on the OS? as you can see by the commit charge I have plenty of memory.

The commit charge measures pagefile usage. (Sort of.) It doesn't really matter unless it hits the limit.

60+ processes. I don't really care how many are running when there's 4GB of RAM to play with.

My ObjectDock has an option in the Performance Options that says Optimize for Performance: "I paid for this RAM. Use it." and that's what I have it set on :P

Edited by Honda_Boy