Sign in to follow this  
arachnid40

Ubuntu Firefox And Flash

I have occasional crashes when I use firefox in Ubuntu when I go to flash content. I have done a lot of research and have tried many things to fix it. Is there another browser that works in Ubuntu and plays well with flash?

I have occasional crashes when I use firefox in Ubuntu when I go to flash content. I have done a lot of research and have tried many things to fix it. Is there another browser that works in Ubuntu and plays well with flash?

The Flash plug-in is extraordinarily flaky. Its stability varies between releases and (bizarrely) between distros but I haven't noticed any variation between browsers. Still, worth a shot, I suppose. Opera and Epiphany are probably your best bets.

The Flash plug-in is extraordinarily flaky. Its stability varies between releases and (bizarrely) between distros but I haven't noticed any variation between browsers. Still, worth a shot, I suppose. Opera and Epiphany are probably your best bets.

Thanks jcl I installed Opera and gonna try it. I also installed Epiphany but I cant figure out where it is :-) Opera gave me a start icon in applications-Internet but I didnt get one with Epiphany. I have to dig for it