We're Moving Servers!

Hey Everyone,

I will be moving the site to a new server in the very near future. The new server is already configured and ready to host the site. The only downtime I expect is 15-30 minutes so I'm not going to post a date / time when this will occur - it will just happen. So if you come to the site and see it's down... it'll be back shortly. :)

New Server Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+

2GB RAM DDR2

2 x 400GB SATA II (RAID 1)

1GB NIC

I will post back here once the move is complete so if you notice any issues please let me or one of the other admins/mods know.

Thank you!

B

We are now officially moved. :)

Please let me know if you encounter any issues!

B

Jeff:

That was FAST - no problems here on my end to report ;)

Brian

I was getting OFFLINE for the past ~12 hours. But it seems fine now.

That was most likely your DNS servers - it can potentially take up to 48 hours to propagate everywhere. That's why I use (and love) OpenDNS - you can refresh the cache yourself. ;)

B

I was the same as Matt. Couldn't get here all day yesterday. The only thing I encountered was fixing a few posts and Topic Headers in Software Updates section. Had some weird characters to get rid of. Other than that all seems to be fine.

Also had a couple burps with the "we're offline" pages but the last couple times I came here, all was OK. Probably something to do with Charter.....

Thank you, Jeff

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

No problem logging etc. but I do have an editing problem. When I edit and repost I have a lot of html coding within the contents of the post. Any reason as to why this is happening?