Obama's Promise: I Will Cut The Deficit In Half

That doesn't mean Obama is the answer either.

Perhaps. But, he's the guy for the next four years. I hope he can pull this one out of the fire. Like bozodog I'm also very concerned that the market continues to slide. :ph34r:

Canada and the rest of the World is in deep trouble if your economy fails.

Unfortunately, history is not on our side. Spending your way out of economic trouble has a pretty poor record.

I still have confidence that we'll pull through ... eventually. What I don't know is just how bad things'll get 'til then. We're only just now reaching unemployment and debt-to-GNP levels that the EU has had to deal with for a decade or more, and they're still more-or-less solvent, so it's not TOO scary. Yet.

I can't believe Obama likened the worsening economic numbers to "poll numbers." Yeah, if polls could take away your job, your house, and your life savings. On the other hand, he's a professional politician, so poll numbers CAN take those things away from him! (Not that he has anything to worry about in that regard.)

Edited by JDoors