Help With Frames And Links?

I'm trying to figure out a way to put a "home" link on a page that uses frames but obviously it will only open in the page that the link is on, leaving the other parts of the frames still there...definitely not what I'm going for <_<

I'm pretty sure there has to be a way to do this...any help greatly appreciated

the page in question

hey JSKY, thanks for responding

No matter where I put the link, it'll only open in the same area of the frame that the link is in...I've tried it in every section of the frame and get the same results.

googled the hell outta of this and can't seem to figure out how to do it...I'm about ready to scrap the frame idea and go with something simple but I kinda like how the frame behaves.

If you put your "Home" link into your top box where you have "Welcome to My Picture Page" The link will work to take you back to your home page. You could make it look good by making it's own button for the link. But so far I haven't been able to get around putting a link elsewere in any other frames.

Will still see what I can figure out for putting it somewhere else.

But it is an option for you.

Not sure if any of these links will help. But may give you ideas.

HTML codetutorial

HTMLgoodies

HTMLprimer

Introduction to HTML

Edited by JSKY

Thanks for the responses guys,

I think I'll probably chuck the whole frames idea, for now I did a work-around from the home page with the link to open the page in a new window (or tab)...I'm still pretty new to html and not sure how advanced I really want to get in learning it...It's not like I'm looking for a job in web design. ;)

If you put your "Home" link into your top box where you have "Welcome to My Picture Page" The link will work to take you back to your home page.

hmmmm, negative...the link will only open the page in the banner area.

you need to give the link a target, as in, which frame to open in. try:

CODE

<a href="your site url" target="mainFrame"> home </a>

is that what you were trying to do? didn't fully understand your question.

M@

and just so you know Matt, that isn't what I was trying to do...all my nav links on the page are linked that way....I want a link that kills the frame and takes it to home...not open the homepage in mainFrame.

no big deal though

I actually considered the option of making the page a java script pop-up too but that one is a little beyond my skill level... don't know diddly about java script :D

Hi tictoc, sorry, I wasn't sure what you were asking. Now that I know -

Try this, if you're still willing to do frames:

<a href="your site url" TARGET="_top"> home </a>

As far as I know, the above HTML is designed to " load the new file into the entire browser window, thus removing all frames."

M@

I think I'll probably chuck the whole frames idea

That might be the best course; frames seem to be discouraged these days. For what you're doing, a bit of CSS or a table might work just as well. CSS is the correct way but the table would work well and would be easier.

Edited by jcl