by right clicking

and i feel this is the problem

i installed it on two machines

and i get the same result

on both

am i imagining things or has some one else struck this

same problem

marty

I had to give it up too, it caused more problems than it was worth.

Sometimes a complete remove and install can get it working again, if you really feel the need to use it.

I still use Spybot Search & Destroy, but it's occasionally buggy too. A remove and install gets it working again. Like Ad-Aware it could be more trouble than it's worth, But I feel the need to have at least ONE of these types of programs available.

I have been using malwarebytes now, it is still small and fast like ad-aware used to be. But I do manual removal even before malwarebytes is run, its kind of the icing on the cake. I have found that mwb is the only thing that can finish off av2009 and its variants too, it is a good tool to have in the toolbox but never the only tool. I still use spybot and pest-patrol on occasion.

I have been advised, as has been said above to remove adaware and spybot from my arsenal as well. MBAM does such a good job that it is what I use after running a scan with Panda. There are other tools that are faster, smaller and better, and with S+D 1.5, I cant get all of my protections locked in when I immunize.

Brian

I have been advised, as has been said above to remove adaware and spybot from my arsenal as well. MBAM does such a good job that it is what I use after running a scan with Panda. There are other tools that are faster, smaller and better, and with S+D 1.5, I cant get all of my protections locked in when I immunize.

Brian

Ir you are using Spybot 1.5, you are about a year behind everybody else. They are up to 1.6.0.30 and they just had another program update last week that brought it up from 1.6.0.28 to 1.6.0.30.

If you will uninstall Spybot, download CCleaner, run it, then run the registry cleanup, then try to install Spybot again.

If you will look at my signature, that is all I run on all my PC's. I have 4 of them all together. 2 of them I have grandkids over here everyday and they get on them all the time. If I have more come over, they use all of them. I have just started running Malwarebytes about a couple of weeks ago and the first time I ran it on all the machines, it found 1 thing and it was on mine and they very seldom us it.

well you guys are a wealth of knowledge

ive installed spyware blaster

and i like it but now many of you are talking

malwarebytes

and until i posted my problem ide never heard of it

ive been through all these posts

and there are many

using the utilitiy

so if it is compatable with SBlaster

ile try it

i havent used spybot for some time now

i feel all these programs have their usefull ness in their day [ad-aware]