We are looking for some applications we can recommend to our customers with kids. I know Vista has something, but I'm not sure how effective it is.

I do understand they can be broken by a savvy user, but anything can be of use to some parents...

So if anyone out there has some personal experience, let me know...

Nobody yet?

When we got our first idiotbox I enabled Parental Control on Windows98 and it worked GREAT! (heh-heh, even when Hubby tried some late night surfing....;) ) Trick was to remember that password as once in a while it blocked a harmless site. Assuming Parental Control is even better on XP and Vista??

Also when we got our first idiotbox a Geek told Aron "experiment, mess around, you can't hurt it". He told ARON this! Of course, a week later that Geek spent 1 1/2 hours undoing what Aron did....(I TOLD him HE was gonna be responsible for cleaning up the mess!) and Aron's "experimenting days" were OVER! Mom isn't a Geek but Mom bought the computer. Trump.

So when XP's System Restore was invented, it was a "miracle program"-only needed it once, but just having it there was a comfort!

I love Spywareblaster for blocking cooties and have heard good things about Net Nanny? Something like that, has the word "Nanny" in it. Don't know if that is a spy program or a protector, but you'll know :thumbsup:

Liz

Thanx, Liz. We were just looking for a few that our customers could look at. I don't worry about my BIG kid in the house, he reload his machine whenever he needs to.

He knows better than to touch mine ;-)

I'll just google up a few to add to our website.