Net Framework 3.5 Do I Need This Update?

I have NetFramework 2.0 something (with service pack???)

Have no idea what it does.Now Windows update says this 3.5 is a high priority update and it's 248Mb.

My lame isp already has me throttled back.Do I really need this on the ol confuser?

Thanks,Jeff

You probably should just in case the update is to patch a security hole or exploit.

Failing to keep software and components up to date is just asking for some malware to install silently and without even your antivirus noticing via a zero day exploit.

When they say it is a high priority , then there is good reason to believe they have discovered such a flaw in the older version ; just that there have not been enough observed actual exploitations of the hole to qualify it as a critical security update yet. But when they release such a high priority update; you can rest assured that the bad guys immediately begin trying to figure out what changed between the old version and the new and how to exploit it.

Thanks Pete,for the reply.

That took 19 hours with SkywayUSA throttling me down to 32/Kb. :angry2:

Been waiting 2 years for VABB.com.Now they are less than a mile away as the crow flys but still unable to obtain service. :blink:

Edited by zonker