For the past few weeks I have had all of my Active X Contols set at disable. I mean all of them in all categories (even trusted sites) I am running Exporer 6 because I can't get along with Firefox. The computer is running very well so I wondered what effects I can expect with all these Active X disabled. Like what will not work. I did a google search but really did not learn a lot about ActiveX. Anyone care to enlighten me in plain language

Thanks

with your activex controls disabled you will be looking at not downloading certain games, program extensions, seeing some Flash content on site you go to. if you have SP2 it automatically blocks most activeX downloads unless you give it permission to do so.

soem of the main users of ActiveX controls are sites like yahoo, and MSN just to name a couple.

Hope that helps

Thank you very much for your comments Efwis. I figured it would be something like that. I am running 98 se so I do not have SP2, never play games, use Yahoo and rarely use MSN so I guess that is why I have seen no changes. I understand that Firefox does not use Active X at all so that is why I experimented.

Thanks again

Bryan