Photobucket And Antivirus2009

Found this, don't know if its true or not because I'm not about to go to Photobucket to find out! :ph34r:

Careful all users of Photobucket...Their site has become infected from one of their advertisers with the Antivirus2009 virus !!!...When you open the Photobucket site it will appear normal for a few seconds and then flash a new window in RED...DO NOT click on it. This may not effect all people, but many I have talked to it appears the same way to them as it does to me. Be Very Careful folks!

Liz

Yes it is true ... some members of my site got bitten. Photobucket also has a discussion forum and it is being discussed there.

Apparently this happens is when you try to get into your albums and it does not matter which browser you use or pop up blocker ... that is when the malware appears to pop up and ask you to scan your computer, blah, blah.

If anyone got bitten ... use Malwarebytes to scan your computer.

Hi Liz, i just came from there and looked at all my stored photos and all went well here.

No one has posted any warnings at any of my forums that i work HJT logs.

So don't know what that is all about i'll do some more checking and if something pops up ill get back here to post it.

Chuck

Hiya, Chuck! How's HJT School going? Or are you done and all official now?

Well, from what I understand, the problem was fixed late this afternoon (still not gonna go to PB for a few days and checking their forums FIRST <_< )

There were plenty of folks on Photobucket's forums complaining.......and MAD, understandbly so! Here is a link that I read, page 3 has screen shots of what folks were looking at

http://forums.photobucket.com/showthread.php?t=32727

Liz

Edited by blim

Hi Liz, all threw with HJT school, now just waiting to be cleared so i can do logs anywhere other than the forums connected with the University, there is a lot that i can post to.

It was hard and very demanding, people who think its easy should just try it. :blink:

I intend to do logs here as soon as i am cleared.

Later friend

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...