to us millions out side of the usa

good luck

and hope the future is better for you

marty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... i saw many anti french slogans on many chat and message boards what the hell for ...

We've nearly always criticized France because they've looked down their noses at the U.S. since the revolutionary war.

"Oo-la-la, we're French, we're cultured!"

Yeah, great, you've got a thousand years worth of war memorials (many from when France was conquered by others) and crumbling architecture (much of it from when France was conquered by others). We're only two-hundred years old so -- you've got us there! :rolleyes:

We DO have cultural sites that are pre-historic, people have been in the America's building, making art, tilling the land, etc. for millenia.

I admit we still have people who, after all these years, resent the price we paid to help free France from the Nazis. That's one reason some people are bothered when they believe France isn't carrying their weight protecting the world from tyrants (ie. they didn't seem to mind when we protected them from one). I don't know what those people expect from the French, a Christmas card every year? I guess having done "the right thing" during WWII isn't enough for those people (it's not like we didn't have any other reason to enter that war), I guess nothing ever will be enough for those people.

Besides, we're a fun-loving people! We make fun of EVERYONE, equally, INCLUDING ourselves. :lol:

-----

Edited by JDoors

As usual you out do yourself Marty. How about you get your nose out the sand and look around at who causes what wars in this world. We KNOW you hate Bush. You say so on a regular basis. Im far from a fan of his, but the way you beat this dead horse is an insult to America.

Atleast that's one good thing about Obama. Everyone from everywhere looks up to him like he's god.

I can't wait to see who you, and everyone else is going to blame now that Bush is gone. Are ya'll going to turn against Obama like a pack of rapid dogs in a couple years, also?

Good Day Marty. And goodluck!

Edited by Bubba Bob

i am afollower of obama

and i like what he is saying

his speach was straight forward

and he said it as it is

he said things will be difficult

but importantly

hes has the rest of the world hopeing he succeds

when i posted i didnt personal attack any one on this board

so ime dissapointed with bubba bob attacking me personally

my views were about the adminstration

just voted out of office

and i stick to those views

i like to think obama will succeed

but he needs the people behind him

obviously the right wing

will dissagree

i have a freind in florida

who sends me many anti things about obama

but he is entitled to his views

tho i dissagree with him

but we have been friends for many years

and he has a right to his opinions

like i have

marty

Yes, well Im "disappointed" in the last, how ever many years, of your anti bush, anti capitalism, far left loony CRAP that you have been spewing. You're right, you're entitled to your opinion, but enough is enough. You've spoken out on this board against America and Bush, despite the no politics rule for far too long. How many people have you made leave? I know of atleast one person a long time ago you literally made cry Marty! For the last several years everyone has held their tounge and allowed your garbage to be fed. So please, now that the ban on politics has been lifted, don't get "disappointed" when your propoganda sees some retliation.

... I can't wait to see who ... everyone ... is going to blame now that Bush is gone. ...

They're not done with Bush yet, that's what's going to happen. They have nothing on him despite nearly eight years of trying (everything he's done has been backed up by the courts), but you just wait and see, they're gonna drag him through the mud anyway, trying to find something, ANYTHING, no matter how small, no matter how petty, to pin on him. And it's not just because of Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS), the circus surrounding his persecution will distract public attention from current events (and I won't get into why they'll need to do that). For the BDS crowd it's a win-win with no down-side.

-----

Edited by JDoors
... I can't wait to see who ... everyone ... is going to blame now that Bush is gone. ...

They're not done with Bush yet, that's what's going to happen. They have nothing on him despite nearly eight years of trying (everything he's done has been backed up by the courts), but you just wait and see, they're gonna drag him through the mud anyway, trying to find something, ANYTHING, no matter how small, no matter how petty, to pin on him. And it's not just because of Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS), the circus surrounding his persecution will distract public attention from current events (and I won't get into why they'll need to do that). For the BDS crowd it's a win-win with no down-side.

-----

I don't think so. Nancy Pelosi signaled that she wanted to go after Bush and Obama said no. Obama has enough on his plate without wasting his time going after Bush.

I don't think so. Nancy Pelosi signaled that she wanted to go after Bush and Obama said no. Obama has enough on his plate without wasting his time going after Bush.

I get that feeling from Obama, that he's anxious to, uh-hem, rule, not dwell on the past. We'll see how he reels everyone else in though.

One problem with that is that one of Bush's failings was his policy of NEVER addressing his critics. They could (and did) say ANYTHING, and he ignored it, never said a word. Part of his "can't we all just get along" persona. The only thing THAT ever accomplished was critics (here and around the world) had a field day, flinging every sort of mud they could, all day long, for nearly eight years. Bush was the devil incarnate and, why not? He never said a word otherwise.

Obama's from a down-and-dirty political background, he HAS to know the best defense is a strong offense, so ... Going after Bush just MIGHT BE that offense (especially if there's a reason to deflect attention). Even if you believe that's not in his political repetoire he HAS to have seen how ignoring criticism utterly destroyed Bush's reputation. Just because YOU want to play nice doesn't mean your opponents will reciprocate.

And there's plenty of evidence that a strong offense IS in Obama's political repetoire.

when i critisized bush

so did millions of americans

who voted them out

they had enough of war mongering

and pandering to the right wing

who has buggered the econimy

and want to blame some one else

thats why they wanted obama there for a scapegoat

i hope he succeeds

for the sake of the ordinary people

and not the greedys who made it like that

marty

Marty. That post is 110% backwards. You don't really get the whole truth from your media sources, which is the problem these days.

However, I just received some excellent news, and I am in a ridiculously good mood, so all I am going to say is God bless, Marty. I also hope Obama succeedes. Cheers

I'm not a Bush fan but neither am I a Obama supporter. I hope he does well but really think he is just s great politician with high hopes and empty promises.

But the republicans didn't get us where we are by themselves the democrats are very much to blame especially for recent problems.

Check out

And to set things straight nobody voted Bush out, eight years is the limit for office. And McCain got 47 percent of the vote. For the record I didn't vote for McCain or Obama.

Political threads are a bad idea.

thanks bubba bob

to change the subject

who is

RUSS LINBAUGH

the bbc has some scathing reviews about this man

some where the name rings a bell

but comming from a left wing backward country

ime not up with the modern news

thanks bubba bob

to change the subject

who is

RUSS LINBAUGH

the bbc has some scathing reviews about this man

You mean Rush Limbaugh? He's a conservative commentator and host of the most popular show on talk radio since the '90s.

but comming from a left wing backward country

ime not up with the modern news

Apparently neither is the BBC. Rush hasn't been news since the Clinton years.

yes i remeber when i first joined world start and g4

which was a the time of the iraqi war

world start closed thier political forum because of the flaming wars

and to post you had to be invited to post

and i must say they invited me because

all the right wing posters wanted to kill me

---------------------------------------------------

at g4

the same thing happened

i gave the bush administration the rasberry

and they wanted to ban me from the board altogether

but the powers to be posted and said

what has happened to american freedom of speach

do you want to allow your opinions and no one elses

but i stopped posting there and haven done it in a longtime

other than pm marsh

what ive posted here is what millions of people

outsside of the usa have wanted to post

but havent the guts

many millions think like me

and that is a pity

i know america has good people

look at the members of this board is an example

but hopefully obama can bring us together

marty

Political threads are a bad idea.

Heh, remember where you are:-) This is the World and Politics forum where political threads are perfectly acceptable. I am very happy how this new forum is shaping up. It is all good. :)

I get that feeling from Obama, that he's anxious to, uh-hem, rule, not dwell on the past. We'll see how he reels everyone else in though.

One problem with that is that one of Bush's failings was his policy of NEVER addressing his critics. They could (and did) say ANYTHING, and he ignored it, never said a word. Part of his "can't we all just get along" persona. The only thing THAT ever accomplished was critics (here and around the world) had a field day, flinging every sort of mud they could, all day long, for nearly eight years. Bush was the devil incarnate and, why not? He never said a word otherwise.

Obama's from a down-and-dirty political background, he HAS to know the best defense is a strong offense, so ... Going after Bush just MIGHT BE that offense (especially if there's a reason to deflect attention). Even if you believe that's not in his political repetoire he HAS to have seen how ignoring criticism utterly destroyed Bush's reputation. Just because YOU want to play nice doesn't mean your opponents will reciprocate.

And there's plenty of evidence that a strong offense IS in Obama's political repetoire.

Obama did demonstrate that he can throw a good counter punch during the drive towards election day. You bring up an excellent point. I will be very curious to see how he handles criticism. Right now he is basking in the glow of high approval ratings. But, the one thing you can predict about being in the oval office is that things often go awry. Let us see how he handles discord. I think he'll do well; he's a shrewd politician.

when i critisized bush

so did millions of americans

who voted them out

they had enough of war mongering

and pandering to the right wing

who has buggered the econimy

and want to blame some one else

thats why they wanted obama there for a scapegoat

i hope he succeeds

for the sake of the ordinary people

and not the greedys who made it like that

marty

It's been said but I want to stress it; Bush wasn't voted out (he wasn't running), McCain got close to 50% of the vote (that's not "rejection" by any measure), Democrats who received their largest political contributions from Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac (the organizations that started this economic mess) blocked dozens of Republican efforts to reel them in (with the Democrats saying repeatedly that there was nothing to worry about), and Democrats were involved in every step of the war in Iraq (they voted to go to war for the exact same reasons it was supported by an international coalition, they voted repeatedly to sustain it -- Obama wasn't in the U.S. Senate at the time, he HAD no vote to give).

Why don't you know this? Because you're absolutely right: Bush has enemies (criminals on the left, but that's just my opinion). Like I said, Bush rarely spoke out against the lies, which emboldened his critics to start making stuff up (since they knew he wouldn't defend himself). During his farewell address he addressed a few of the worst lies, but it's a little late to rescue his reputation.

Some of the necessary procedures for the war (naturally) required secrecy so that's why you probably don't know about the tons of yellowcake uranium recently transported from Iraq to Canada (where it'll be decommissioned or whatever you call it). When it was discovered they certainly couldn't publicize it with cowards and terrorists murdering people in Iraq on a daily basis, they most certainly would have murdered anyone in their way to get to that uranium, so the "lie" that there was no evidence whatsoever of WMDs or the precursors to WMDs continued to be told. Bush, rightly, in this case, said nothing. Some of Bush's enemies wrongly claimed there was no evidence Saddam was even looking to buy or make yellowcake, that led to another lie against Bush and his supporters when it was revealed that person had subversive reasons to lie. One lie covering up another, on and on (one difference between now and the past is, Bush's critics didn't wind up dead under "mysterious" circumstances).

But, hey, Bush is the big-bad-boogie-man and he's gone, now everything's going to be peaches and cream, so let it go.

-----

Edited by JDoors
Congratulations, America! I am very happy for you on this special day. History in the making:-)

Back to a positive note... I for one, couldn't be more pleased with the selection of Obama. :) Whether you're a Democrat, Republican, third-party, or independent, I'm sure we all hope that Obama succeeds and does well. Regardless of your party affiliation, like it or not, he is the President of the United States. The country goes as he goes.

I have high hopes for the next four years.

Let us see how he handles discord.

That all depends on what Fidel Castro's lawyer, Greg Craig , tells him to do.

Heh, don't forget Obama is a Harvard trained lawyer. I think he can handle himself with the law:-)