Windows 7 Install Software

ok, Windows is really getting on my nerves.. I don't like it in the first place.. but have to know about all version for work..

I have not been able to install any software.. it keeps saying that I have to be admin.. I look at my account and it say admin.. also updates are failing to install.

This is from my MSDN subscription so I did get it from "good" download

I tried add and remove programs, guess what no add programs option.. What I would not give for a simple apt or emerge right now..

any help is welcome. maybe after something can be installed I'll take back what I said.... well lets not go that far..

the error :

Openoffice does not have permissions to access C:

EDIT_____________

ok after a reboot and I can now install software with no errors.. wt****

I know Beta.. I would not be upset but the version I was using a month ago had Hyper-V and did not have this issues.. ... did they release a old version for beta..

If it was protected admin account I suppose the system could have flaked out and lost or forgotten about the admin token.

Though I wouldn't expect software updates to be affected in that case. Not that I actually know who owns the update process.

if your using vista

go turn off you user account

and you

will be able to install and change programs

i got round this problem when i tried to install and use

regcleaner

the sys wouldnt let me use regcleaner

it was sending an error message

and by accident i

i found the user account was blocking

regcleaner

ime not sure if this answers your Q

but it is some thing to remember

marty

It sounds to me like something was in the process of installing / updating and either the windows installer was in use (you should have gotten a warning about that) or it has finished and locked the registry and drive until you rebooted for the changes to take effect.

Normally I prefer to do one item at a time and reboot between.

it turns out that windows was trying to install a sound driver (I did not ask it to and sound was working...)

I noticed this after watching the logs..

I turned off auto-update and now it is installing software is easy..

no warning that it was doing something.. I did not have these issues with VISTA, The only issues I had with vista is it keep telling me my hd was bad, but that turned out to be because when Linux would mount the drive, Windows on its boot would assume the drive was compromised. As both Smart, win XP and Linux could not find any issues with the drive

I have to say I am not impressed, sorry. This is a True Beta so I will not judge the final with this build

Thanks for the help

here is what I would like to see MS do

<rant>

1) be able to install to a USB drive... Ever Other OS in the World (including OSX) I have been able to install to a USB connected Drive.. I use laptops.. I use USB drives to add storage. I do not want to go and buy Esata just to install an OS

2) Keep hyper-V as a normal part of the OS.. its way too useful, imagine you can run all those non Vista capable software...

3) kill the registry (sorry just had to hand edit 200 keys..... )

4) include some real software with the OS.. this thing takes more room than Ubuntu and has no usable software on it yet.. you still need to install a office suite for most people.

5) better support for mutiboot. come on MS its the year 2009 you should realize that you are not the only OS out there.

</rant>

again thanks for the help

4) include some real software with the OS.. this thing takes more room than Ubuntu and has no usable software on it yet.. you still need to install a office suite for most people.

Hey, WordPad can read and write ODF now. It's progress.

wow,, thats great..

I know your tiring to cheer me up..