Forty-seven Degrees Below Zero, Fahrenheit

I thought I was gonna freeze my @$$ off this morning driving to school. It was 13 on the way there and it's about 19-21 now. Mind you I live in Southern part of Middle Tennessee. That's frickin cold in my book.

Just checked this bookmark my dad keep on my computer for weather. It says it's 9 degrees in my town right now. I REALLY hope my cat is in the basement and not outside. In fact, I may just go check on her...... what? I love my cat.

I also checked the thermostat downstairs earlier and it said it was 63 in the house. Glad I always have computers running in my room. Keeps me nice and warm in here sort of. I still were socks, long pants and a hoodie though.

... Cooling trend on the way... should get down to the mid 60º's Fahrenheit for the next 3-4 days.

We usually get a week or so warmish weather in January here in the Sierra foothills in Cali... But today was incredible... Even the late afternoon light breeze was warm.

... But we need water... The drought continues.

Good luck to all y'all out in that cold stuff !

Well tictoc5150 according my weather widget 10 is going to be the high today for us... I wish I would have bough a remote starter.

Gotta leave to pick up my kid in a bit...now -12....the car wouldn't start with the remote... just kept clicking. I had to go out and use the key...was just clicking for that too but kept trying and finally got it goin'

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/16/world/eu.../16skaters.html

dutch_span.jpg

For the first time in 12 years, the Netherlands’ canals froze this month, bringing the Dutch, who like their tulips in neat rows, a heady mix of pandemonium and euphoria.

Hundreds of thousands of skaters, their cheeks as red as apples in the subzero temperatures, took to the ice, and hospital wards were filled with dozens of people with fractured arms, sprained ankles and broken legs.

Train engineers were ordered to go slowly to avoid hitting skaters who clambered over railway tracks to get from one frozen canal to another. Even the minister of defense, an avid skater, fell and broke his wrist.

ManBearPig is furious that this apparent contradiction of Climate Change being exclusively Global Warming is taken seriously.

Rain !!!

A warm rain started yesterday just about dusk... Mid 50º Fahrenheit daytime highs & mid-to-low 40º's daytime lows with continued light rain at least through Sunday. The HIGH pressure system that was sitting o'er here looks like it was meandering to the mid-west (as of last night anyway).

They have been giving dire warnings of an ice storm here since yesterday afternoon.

It was cold and rainy yesterday (only occasionally heavy) and is still drizzling; but as of now the temp is still 33. They still insist temperatures are on the way down and that there will be freezing rain and icing on bridges. They closed the highest ramps on the "High Five" intersection of two major freeways (the HOV lane ramp) but still no ice yet;just so miserable even the dogs prefer to stay in and sleep.

Local news station claims it is 31, but I show 33; temps are lower to north and west.

Probably use the stock I made from the Cure 81 spiral sliced ham (and the last of the meat I put up just for this use) to make split pea soup. Seems like a soup day.

Watching Weather Channel and it looks like some nasty weather in many parts of the country.

Snow coming down pretty hard here and they tell me it's going to turn to freezing rain later. Anyone one else with bad weather?

The highs in the teens was getting boring so we were on the top edge of that system and got about 6" new and temps in the 20s.

East of me about 10 miles they have around a foot new.

Looks like New England is getting it right now.