Thinking On Buying A Mac

Hello everyone I wanna buy a mac sometime this week and is wanting to know a few things before I buy. My budget is limited and I have my eye on this Imac specs below. I am a real newbie when it come to owning an apple product. Is 1GB of ram good enough for now? is it like a window it needs more ram to run efficient, or is apple different? I know more ram the better. Can someone give me the heads up if I am buy the right Imac.

Thank you

Apple iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Computer With 20" Monitor (MB323LL) - English

Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed - 2.4GHz

RAM - 1 GB (1 SO-DIMM, Upgradable to 4GB)

Hard Drive - 250GB 7200RPM

Optical Drives - 8X SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW)

Graphics Card - 128MB ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT

Available Expansion Bays - None

Available Expansion Slots - None

Cache - 6MB Shared

Disk Drive - None

Fax/Modem - None

I/O Ports - 5 USB, 2 FW, 1 MiniDVI, Optical Aud. I/O

Included Software - iLife'08, Safari, FrontRow, PhotoBooth

Monitor Included? - Yes

Network Card - 10/100/1000 Ethernet

Other Control Devices - Apple Remote, Mighty Mouse

Preloaded Operating System - Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard

Sound Card - Integrated

Speakers - 24 Watt Amp + Stereo Speakers

System Bus - 1066MHz

Edited by sceeter32

I agree with all of isteve's points.

It depends on what you like to do with your Mac, but, I would definitely get more RAM; I would at minimum double your RAM to 2 GB.

My daughter is very happy with her Macbook, it runs flawlessly:)

Thanks for the help I will get more ram for it for sure. Ever since I played with the imac at the store i've been itch en to buy on cause they run so smoothly. Plus I love the programs that mac has. Windows is getting borring and old lol :)

Thanks again

Sceeter32

Mac OS X 10.6 the next version is also due maybe this spring. The word from apple is that it will run faster and be able to take full advantage of 64 bit processors and graphic processing.

Good Luck, if you need any help if you get a Mac stop by.

to add, Like buying memory from HP or Dell, Apple is expensive for Ram upgrades.. Look at people like http://www.crucial.com or http://www.ec.kingston.com/

Well I bought my first mac and I love it! Blows vista out of the water HA HA HA!!! I have no regrets. Now i need to buy a tutorial book on how this machine works. How do you right click with this mighty mouse? anyone know lol. (Nevermind I found how LOL) I'm such a newbie LOL

Thanks

Sceeter32

Edited by sceeter32