bobbynichols

Update To: So How Did I Get Infected In The First Place?[RESOLVED]

Howdy !.

My daughter has a new computer and a pre-teen son. Nuf said.

Their surfing habits may be suspect and I've already been requested to help out with some PC anomalies... Sooooooooooo, as a start I gave her a pendrive with mbam loaded and instructions to get her started on her XP box.

I wanted her to try this easy first step after 'the malware from surfing/email peptalk' - which is always better understood, unfortunately, after a bug infestation.

I then perused the pinned topic "So How Did I Get Infected In The First Place?" by tjet (if I remember correctly), for more helpful advice to impart to her (to link to the page for her in an email, or install on a pen drive, or some such) .

Good start, but the post is somewhat dated (Feb 2005) and was wondering if someone could possibly bring the post more up-to-date. Unfortunately I'm certainly not up to par to tackle this task... I take advice well, but am not all that tech savvy to tackle this.

Might be a good time since there will be many a new PC for some this time of the year.

Thanks for all the great advice; and for the wonderful community that is Besttechie.

Hi,

The post is old but still applies today. I will look into updating it a bit.

Do you have any specific suggestions?

Thanks,

:)

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.