The update is stable so far on my MBP, the only problem I had was installing it through software update, but you already know about that hitest.

Yeah....thanks for the heads-up, Carnevil:-) I'm going to update this evening.

What kind of problems with software updates? I've never had any problems.

A lot of other people are having the problem of the update stalling during configuration. I let mine sit for over 2 hours and it didn't do anything. After a restart I downloaded the combo update and the install worked just fine.

I found this on Mac Rumors, thought you guys may be interested.

(From Mac Rumors)

Apple released a technote detailing an issue that some users have run into while installing the latest Mac OS X Software Update.

When attempting to update software using Software Update in Mac OS X 10.5, the update process may stop responding while "Configuring installation" is visible in the update window.

Apple describes that this may happen when trying to install a partially downloaded update. The work-around is to remove the partially downloaded update and try again. The incomplete update files may be found in "/Library/Updates" and can be safely deleted before trying Software Update again.

Alternatively, users can download the Combo update and install it themselves.

It seems that the bug resulting in the partially downloaded file affects Mac OS X 10.5.1 through 10.5.5. Once you successfully installed 10.5.6, the issue seems to be fixed for future updates.