Problems With Outpost 1.0 Firewall

Good day

I have been experiencing problems for some time now with Outpost 1.0 FW and in particular with the

updating of the definition files of SUPERAntispyware.

When I attempt to update this the usual message "Checking for updates, please wait ..." appears

as it should, but then disappears after two seconds and no update is done. I have been advised

by the experts at SUPERAS that the downloads appear to be blocked by my firewall, which is

Outpost.

Perhaps the following info may help to identify the problem:

1. In my "Trusted Applications" on Outpost I have, amongst others, the following listed:

SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE

SSUPDATE.EXE

2. The history of "Allowed Activity" shows the following for SUPERAs:

Reason Application Remote Host Re ... Direction Pr...

Undefined Rule SSUPDATE **** HT Outbound T

Undefined Rule SUPERANT **** HT Outbound T

3. Notice that all of these are "Outbound", nowhere does it show an "inbound". I would have

thought that an update would be "inbound"?.

I have attempted to uninstall Outpost in order to re-install, but are also having problems with this.

I have tried to join the Forum at Agnitum in an effort to get some expert advice from members but,

my goodness!, I have never before exp. such a user-unfriendly forum such as those guys. After

I received the confirmation e-mail, which I clicked as requested, I tried to access the forum. On my

very first attempt, and before I even had the opp. to enter my log-in details, I received a notice on

screen that I have been banned, for life!, because I have been identified as a "spammer". The irony

of this is that I do not even do any marketing on the Internet and have absolutely no reason

whatsoever to spam the board, or anyone. They have branded me as a spammer without any

reason at all. "Weird" does not even come close to describing that setup.

I have always been assisted by the experts at our Best Techie forum and would really appreciate

your advice on this matter.

Thanks.

Gerry

Hi Preston

Thanks for the advice.

I would love to use Comodo but my problem is that I still use Win 98SE on this

PC. This is not suitable for Comodo.

Agnitum does not run a forum anymore. It is administered by members only.

I think that is where the actual problem originates.

My problem remains unresolved.

Gerry

Well you could try disabling the firewall to do the update.

Or you could try removing those entries and putting the firewall back in learning mode and trying to run the update and select always allow when prompted.

Or go into the list and see what is being blocked and choose allow on those which are related to SAS.