Hi all,

I want to ask on how to block one of the user in my router wired from accessing the internet.

Meaning remain the LAN access but blocked the internet access?

i already block the MAC address of the user in my router DLINK DSL-2542B.

but the thing is, he stilll can access the net.

From the router manual, it says that i t can block the mac address on which where i setup the wan as bridge mode.

i already did the brdge mode, but the user still have access.

i'm really2 confused. thnx guys~!

In Bridge mode, this device is acting as a switch and modem; not a router.

http://www.smartbridges.com/education/print-ready.asp?id=325

You would use it in bridge mode if you had another router which was handling your network.

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=562

>2-IN-1 DEVICE

The D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem with 4-Port Ethernet Router (DSL-2540B) is a 2-in-1 device that combines the function of a DSL modem and 4-port 10/100 Ethernet router. The DSL-2540B supports the latest ADSL2/2+ standards to provide higher performance (up to 24Mbps* downstream and 3.5Mbps* upstream) and longer reach from your Internet Service Provider’s (ISP) Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM).

Your router has a firewall

FIREWALL

+ Built-in NAT

+ MAC Filtering

+ Packet Filtering

+ Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)

+ Denial of Service Prevention (DoS)

+ DMZ

Access your router

enter your admin name and password (side note, make sure you have changed these from the default of admin / password and do not use dictionary words. Othewise if you get zlobdns changer or similar trojans they can hijack not just your PC but your router very easily).(Do this on the tools tab admin section also this will prevent the other user from just changing the settings back)

On the advanced tab => filtering outbound you can specify a computer and block it from getting out.

The outgoing filter will block the LAN traffic from entering the WAN side. Click on the Add button to create filters.

post-3479-1228440960_thumb.jpgWell, all i can say that is, i already blocked the MAC address from going to LAN<=> WAN direction.

So, supposedly he can't access to the internet right?

Is it because, the bridge and the WAN settings different from each other?

like in the pic?

post-3479-1228441059_thumb.jpg

But, if i have to do IP filtering, i don't know how to do it, because it has the destination and source and i don't know what it's for.

Plus, i'm using DHCP server, so i fi block his IP the comp might be getting a new ip address then. haha.

post-3479-1228441158_thumb.jpg