Nvidia Sales

Would the folks that follow internet forums and/or are in the know, inform me on how "Nvidia" products are doing? Do you feel more/less people are buying them here lately? Any good/bad hype about their products on the message boards?

Same with the Macbooks, how are they doing? Is the AIR selling well?

Odd questions i know...

Edited by Bubba Bob

The Macbook is now Apples best selling computer of all time. Also they now come with NVIDA cards apple actually worked with NVIDA on the new mobile cards, they even held the announcement of the new cards until apple announced the new Macbooks.

The Macbook Air has good sales they just announced a refresh.

I believe nVidia is still the dominant GPU manufacturer right now. I know every one of my desktops minus the one my mom uses, has nVidia cards and even my new laptop has an nVidia chipset.

nVidia leads in discrete GPU's not integrated GPU's. For people that actually give a crap, more buy nVidia based video cards than AMD/ATI cards.

The only reason so many run on integrated intel chips is cause people just buy cheap POS PC's so much.

If this is serious research, say for investment purposes, it would be a good idea to poke around the serious hardware sites (i.e., not the gaming or general tech sites). There are people who believe that NVIDIA's long-term prospects aren't great because the market is heading back toward highly-integrated and general-purpose hardware and that could give Intel and AMD an insurmountable advantage.

If this is serious research, say for investment purposes, it would be a good idea to poke around the serious hardware sites (i.e., not the gaming or general tech sites). There are people who believe that NVIDIA's long-term prospects aren't great because the market is heading back toward highly-integrated and general-purpose hardware and that could give Intel and AMD an insurmountable advantage.

Thanks Jc.

It's not for investment purposes per say, but mainly a quick trade. Earnings reports for Nvidia come out Thursday and I have a hunch analysts have under-estimated the company. Market-independent wild swings here lately seems to suggest the same.

oh my lord, you still have a Vanta? Good night them things are ancient. Man the oldest card I have in a computer is GeForce 5700 Ultra and it's not even used. In fact it's gettin thrown out and havin an 6600GT put right back in. Then above that, my old rig has twin 7600GT's in SLI and my main rig has an 8800GT and will probaly get a GTX 260 Core 216 soon. My laptop uses an 8200M.

yes that is on an old compt

i use to post to the board with

my other compt

i have an intel graphics controller

god knows what that means

i wanted a NVIDIA's

with this machine

but this one came with the package

so i left it at that

ive only got a gig of ram

but for me that is enough

i dont play games thats kids stuff

and i do very little downloading

as i cant handle this vista

marty

There are people who believe that NVIDIA's long-term prospects aren't great because the market is heading back toward highly-integrated and general-purpose hardware and that could give Intel and AMD an insurmountable advantage.

I may be wrong but didn't AMD and NVIDIA merge earlier this year and doesn't Intel now own ATI?

I may be wrong but didn't AMD and NVIDIA merge earlier this year and doesn't Intel now own ATI?

That would be the day!

AMD merged with ATI. Just try visiting the ATI website and you will see AMD's brand all around. ATI is now AMD's graphics hardware division.

I haven't heard about Intel merging with nVidia, but that would be something to behold. I know that they do work together on a lot of hardware especially when it comes to chipsets and SLI, although ATI could get a close-to-equal partnership with their own chipsets and Crossfire.

I haven't heard about Intel merging with nVidia, but that would be something to behold. I know that they do work together on a lot of hardware especially when it comes to chipsets and SLI, although ATI could get a close-to-equal partnership with their own chipsets and Crossfire.

I don't think Intel and NVIDIA are very fond of each other.

Thanks for the info. I remember a while ago there was talk of AMD and NVIDA merging. Then reading about them merging with a graphics processor maker. I'm sure I knew it was ATI, maybe just got a little confused by the corporate alphabet soup.

Intel and nVidia are not all that fond of each other but Intel's X58 chipset does support SLI. It just depends on what motherboard you buy whether or not you can actually use it.

Here's a whole thing on it in Tom's Hardware:

Core i7: 4-Way CrossFire, 3-way SLI, Paradise? : Tempered Expectations

Intel and nVidia are not all that fond of each other but Intel's X58 chipset does support SLI. It just depends on what motherboard you buy whether or not you can actually use it.

Probably quid pro quo: Intel wanted SLI and NVIDIA wanted a QPI license so they could design chipsets compatible with Core i7. There was some concern until a few months ago that Intel was going to withhold the QPI license at least long enough to knock NVIDIA out of the first generation i7 products. (That might have been partly a response to NVIDIA's bizarre attacks on Intel's CPUs and Larrabee, though NVIDIA had a bit of trouble getting an Intel front-side bus license years ago.)

(QPI = QuickPath Interconnect, the replacement for Intel's front-side bus and competitor for AMD's HyperTransport. Larrabee is Intel's upcoming discrete GPU architecture.)