Ike! Get Outta Town!

I sure hope all our friends in the path of Ike are playing it safe.

My Mother in Law keeps calling to see if I have cleaned the bathtub and filled it with water yet.

I still can't convince her that Ike is a Fake. Sure some wind damage in Houston (blown down trees and broken windows in sky scrapers) and some storm surge damage (Galveston) but looks like only one death so far despite El Presidente Arbustos stern warning that those who had failed to evacuate had made a fatal mistake (some poor woman died when a tree fell on her house). They are showing people already driving around Galveston, and although there is some crap in the streets and water damage to lower floors the buildings look intact.

Here, they have downgraded the dire warnings of hurricane force winds and a foot of rain to 15-25Mph gusts with an inch or two of rain; which isn't even close to a normal spring thunderstorm in North Texas.

So far, several "bands" have blown through and it fails to impress.

Well the cable TV is back, the only thing that is bad is the water pressure... Seems a pumping station is out, hopefully it'll be working by tomorrow night or I'll have a cold time washing up for work on Monday...

Remember a pressure drop means that contaminated water could have been siphoned back into the system so you should boil or otherwise disinfect the water before drinking it or stick to bottled water.

Yeah, when power fails pumping stations have a habit of going offline.