Setting Up Gmail For Thunderbird!

Open Thunderbird, and select 'Account Settings...' from the 'Tools' menu.

Select 'Email account,' and click 'Next.'

Enter your full name in the 'Your Name:' field. Enter your full Gmail email address ([email protected]) in the 'Email Address:' field, and click 'Next.'

Select 'POP' as the type of incoming server you are using. Enter 'pop.gmail.com' in the 'Incoming Server:' field, and click 'Next.'

Enter your Gmail username (including '@gmail.com') in the 'User Name:' field, and click 'Next.'

Enter a name for your email account in the 'Account Name:' field, and click 'Next.'

Verify your account information in the dialogue box, and click 'Finish.'

Select 'Server Settings' listed beneath your new account.

Check the box next to 'Use secure connection (SSL),' and ensure that '995' appears in the 'Port:' field.

Select 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)' listed beneath your new account.

Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' in the 'Server Name:' field under 'Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings,' and enter '587' in the 'Port:' field.

Check the box next to 'Use name and password,' and enter your Gmail username (including '@gmail.com') in the 'User Name:' field.

Select 'TLS' under 'Use secure connection,' and click 'OK.'

Verify that the information listed under 'Congratulations!' is correct, and click 'Finish.'

Note: POP must be enabled in Gmail itself!!

dk :)

• 1 month later...

Just hit the Print Screen button, and then paste it into your favorite image editing software =)

I'm having some trouble with this now. When i go to send mail it asks for a password. And when I put in my password it rejects it. So i can't send my emails from Thunderbird.

EDIT: Never mind that question. I solved it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem with the password, like acid I think. How did you resolve it?

This is for recieving email on gmail.

EDIT

I tried again (without changing settings or anything) about an hour after it wasn't working, and it is now working fine. Strange, but it is heartening to know that I wasn't doing anything wrong. :D

So if you have tried everything then wait a while and try again.