Hello,

I am going to be as detailed as possible with my question.

I have a Panasonic DMR ES10 DVD recorder. I have had many problems with DVD's that have been recorded on all of a sudden saying "unformatted". I use DVD-RW all the time, unless I am recording one movie or show and then closing out the disk. I have tried the Sony packs of 25 disks that come all together, and the Sony ones that come packed in a box of 10, with individual jewel cases. I have also tried Memorex. Many of these are almost full DVD's, and then all of a sudden when I place them back into the recorder to add to them, I get a message saying "unformatted". This has happened numerous times, and I have lot a lot of material I will not be able to get back, as well as a LOT of time invested in recording.

Is this a common issue, or is there something wrong with my recorder? I have the recorder set to record 4 hrs of material per dvd, and it seems that usually halfway through or more, I get the unformatted message. Then I cant do anything with the disk other than reformat it and start over again, losing everything. Is there any way to retrieve the material off of these disks? I am tired of constantly losing everything. I buy the disks, format them, record on them, and then try to finalize them. I do not record on them over and over, they are just used one time until they are full. I was told that because I keep taking different disks in and out of the machine to record different material, I need to use DVD-RW?

Please help,

Thank you,

exasperatedone

• 1 month later...