Oh, Fer Crin' Out Loud. Ff 3.0.1

This ain't like Fire Fox to mess up.

First, I couldn't find my bookmarks, a big deal this ya know... Found out they changed the file extension.

And now none of my cookies will set. I have to log onto every site I visit.

What did I do? Clicked on the update when it came in, like I have always done.

What did they do? Mess with my XP trying to fix Vista problems?

Shucks, I dunno...

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

BD

I had problems with Firefox 3.0.1 also with both XP and Vista. Adblock Plus wouldn't remember all the items I blocked. I had to keep blocking them. My extensions also did not work, not compatible I guess. It was Tab Browser Preferences I think is the name. I had other things that did not work, was very frustrating. :angry:

It also was a lot slower for some reason, so I uninstalled it, reinstalled FF 2.0.0.16 and now everything works fine.

I'll wait until they fix FF 3.0.1 before i install it again. I read on other forums, other people are having problems also. No help I know, but you are not alone.

Barb

I haven't had a lick of trouble except once my bookmarks and such disappeared. I can't remember if I just restarted FF or restarted the computer but everything was back and have never had that happen again. That sounds strange. Sorry I can't really think of a way to fix it. I try to occasionally back up my bookmarks in another location in case something does happen.

The only real problem I had out of 3 was the Paypal plug-in was incompatible so I just kept FF2 on the laptop for that (funny, I have FF3 on the XP rig and FF2 on the Vista laptop). Aside from that there hasn't been any extension problems. Adblock Plus works perfectly for me.

Edited by Honda_Boy

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. My husband says he's quite happy with the new IE. Dang it! He's the one that got me to move to FF from the old Mozilla Suite. I keep back-ups too, but the upgrade changed file extensions and wouldn't recognize them.

I still have to log on to every site! It ticks me off! The cookies are there...

This ain't like Fire Fox to mess up.

First, I couldn't find my bookmarks, a big deal this ya know... Found out they changed the file extension.

And now none of my cookies will set. I have to log onto every site I visit.

What did I do? Clicked on the update when it came in, like I have always done.

What did they do? Mess with my XP trying to fix Vista problems?

Shucks, I dunno...

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

you think that's bad, on two machines when I tried to update to 3.0.1 it tried to install Zango Search Bar (which is adware) (like it used to try to install google search). I found out this is rare but has happened to others . I got an alert from Avast and Threatfire and then noticed the check box to install Zango Search was checked by default just in time to uncheck it.

On another machine, a clean install of 3.0.1 no searchbar at all .

Very odd things are happening at Mozilla in my opinion, or their mirror servers are getting hacked.

Not a reason to reject Firefox, but another reason to stay on your toes , read everything before agreeing and keep your antivirus and anti malware protection up to date.

I have seen your bookmark problem on one machine. My simple solution was to go to the profile folder, find the bookmarkbacups folder and copy the bookmark backup from earlier that day to where the current bookmarks (no extension) is , delete the bookmarks file there and rename the copied backup to bookmarks no extension.

Boom worked fine.

Did not seem to have a cookies problem though, check your tools/ options /privacy settings.

Is it set to clear cookies on exit or when private data is cleared?

thank god some one else is having toruble with firefox

in the past i havent been able to use it properly

and as a result ive been very critical of fire fox

i didnt mention it as many of you more experienced

users like pete ect

have been using this browser for several

years

thsi is only the second time ive installed it and i made a stuff up

so i stopped using it

but after reading these posts

my critisism

is justified

ive stuck to slim browser

which ive used since

the days of techtv

and ime reluctant to change

rightly or wrongly

i had trouble with firefox on ubuntu as well

it wouldnt load

news feeds

from any where outside of the usa

marty

I have been using FF for alot of years and the newest one runs good with no problems... (Except for a couple of add-ons yet to be available)

But, I have to admit that since IE7 came out I now use it full time.... And now I run IE8. Have to admit I really like IE8s new features.