Sponsored By

Sign in to follow this  
hitest

Freebsd Question

Hi Guys,

I did a full install of FreeBSD 7.0 using the three install CDs. In the past with FreeBSD 6.3 I was able to install linux-flashplugin7 so that I could surf flash enabled sites with Opera. However, I haven't been able to install flash this time. I've navigated to the linux-flashplugin7 directory in /usr/ports and invoked make install clean which eventually fails with Error code 1. Maybe I've got a library conflict somewhere? I've also tried pkg_add, but, that fails too, it won't let me download the source package.

This isn't a complete disaster if I'm unable to figure this out as I can boot into Slackware on this machine.

Any ideas? Thanks for any and all replies. :)

The linux_base-fc4 package compiled properly, but, nspluginwrapper failed with errors in a variety of libraries. I think I've got conflicts in my libraries that I'll need to de-bug (which is weird). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Matt:-) I'll keep plugging away at it:-)

Any luck thus far?

Not yet. :)

I'm going to take another swing at it today. I may end up doing a re-install as this install seems buggy ( I had a few packages fail during the initial install). I recall that the last time I installed FreeBSD 6.3 I compiled the entire operating system. This time I used pkg_add. Using ports to compile the entire system should build a more stable system. The only problem with compiling the entire system is it will take a lot of time.

I'm having fun with this. B)

Damn I came in late, sorry about that.

Can you remember the error ports gave you?

Damn I came in late, sorry about that.

Can you remember the error ports gave you?

Thanks for the reply, my friend! No worries:-)

I was getting errors when I tried to compile some of the dependencies of linux-flash, conflicts in a library back-end. I finally gave up, did a minimal, base install then everything worked. Go figure. After the base install I used pkg_add to install xorg and kde.