Today, I'm Listening To ...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Leo can sure play. I saw him live a few years ago and I swear, it sounded like there were three people

playing that guitar. He is truly a gifted musician and a master at his craft!

Edited by jimras

I got to see him live too. He'd start to play a song and I'd practically scream like a school girl, "Oh man! That's (fill in the name of a song)!" A guy nearby said, "You guys are real fans, huh?" OK, that was a little embarrassing. :blush:

Rings is one of my personal favorites, but he says that though he realizes it's a fan favorite, he's not particularly fond of it. That was a bit disappointing. <_<

I'll never forget one of the album liner notes where he says he knows his voice isn't all that great, in fact, it sounds like, "Goose farts on a foggy afternoon." Close, very close. :lol:

Today:

Rush, Chronicles

Is this supposed to be a replacement for the What Are You Listening To Right Now thread? BTW, why was that locked?

Anyway:

The Delgados - The Light Before We Land

if you look up trivia on the song, you might discover why I like it.

Before that though I was listening to various songs from Disturbed, Shinedown, and The Offspring.

I'm not sure why some active, low-count threads are being closed.

Today:

The Matrix, Music From The Motion Picture

What an ICONIC movie that was. I remember the first time I saw what has become known as, because of its extensive use in The Matrix, "bullet time." Oddly, it was in a GAP commercial. I was blown away by that one, short use of the technique I actually recorded the commercial just so I could play it back to try and figure out how they did it (I couldn't). Then out comes The Matrix and practically the WHOLE MOVIE is done in bullet time. Whoa! (To coin a phrase.)

Probably gonna spend most of my day listening to Disturbed and Shinedown again. I bought some new CD's Sunday while I was Best Buy.

Right now:

Shinedown - Devour

Shinedown - Sin With a Grin

Shinedown - Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide

PS, this is why I like the The Light Before We Land.

Da blues (a little Chicago lingo there):

B.B. King, B.B. King & Friends

With; Van Morrison, Billy F. Gibbons, Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow, Daryl Hall, John Mayer, Mark Knopfler, Glenn Frey, Gloria Estefan, Roger Daltry, Bobby "Blue" Bland and Elton John.

Yesterday: Gorillaz

Today: Laurie Anderson

What with the Olympics going on and all I am always reminded, when they play the National Anthem, of this fake Public Service Announcement Laurie did for a PBS show she did many moons ago. Because of this PSA I can NEVER listen to the National Anthem without giggling a little (how bad is that?).

The sounds of various games as I play a bunch with my new 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor. MAN it's huge. Now I just need to get me some big HDTV to replace my ole 27" Sanyo True Flat CRT TV.

Edited by Honda_Boy

A bunch of MTV Party To Go CDs from back in the day when the "M" stood for "Music."

Some artists that may ring a bell (from the oldest CD to newer ones, I've left out artists I think everyone knows):

MC Hammer

Bell Biv Devoe

Vanilla Ice

Digital Underground

Depeche Mode

Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince

Boyz II Men

Salt-N-Pepa

C+C Music Factory

Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch

TLC

En Vogue

Kris Kross

Rupaul

Coolio

R. Kelly

'N Sync

98 Degrees

<snip!>

----

What a coincidink. While waiting for my computer to reboot I reached over to the file cabinet to sort through old receipts to toss. I throw all the receipts paid by cash in one file folder and clear them out ... well ... practically never.

And guess what I found? My ticket stub from when I went to see The Matrix !

Dated 4/3/99, cost $6.75, at four in the afternoon so it must've been the matinee screening.

Whoa!

(Yeah, I'm a packrat.)

-----

Oopsey, meant to "edit," not "quote." Long night.

-----

Finally figured out I could reduce the "load" by editing out the mistaken quotation. ;)

Edited by JDoors
... a Sabbath song more to my taste now-a days.

I'm going to go out on a limb and, without even check the video first, guess that "Sabbath" isn't a shortened version of "Black Sabbath." ;)

I'm behind schedule today so I just turned on the radio, currently Jesus Jones, Right Here, Right Now (which I have on CD).