Howdy, the new FF is good but i cannot get my email from IE thru FF33. Anyone else have this problem ??

Chuck

Originally most of the add ons / extensions had to be disabled as they were not FF3 compatible; but now that it is a month old that is not an issue.

What do you mean chuck? Was it an extension you had added? If so , check and see if it is disabled and if they have an update available for it.

Hoewdy Pete, i did have an add on to get my mail from my internet provider but i guess the new FF did not load it. And i don't remember what it was ??

Guess what i need is an addon that will let me view my Outlook Express email while using FF ???

Any suggestions ???

Chuck

Edited by flashh4

In my opinion, Firefox 3 is an overall huge improvemnt over 2.x. Memory usage is lower, ive noticed a big difference in page rendering speed, its more secure and the new default theme looks more stylish. The Awesome Bar is a nice addition as you can tag your bookmarks, and as you type those tags in, the awesome bar will suggest matches. It just adds to the HUGE customizability that Firefox has.

The installation goes right over FF2 which makes things even easier.

So, in a nutshell, i suggest you get FF3.

In my opinion, Firefox 3 is an overall huge improvemnt over 2.x. Memory usage is lower, ive noticed a big difference in page rendering speed, its more secure and the new default theme looks more stylish. The Awesome Bar is a nice addition as you can tag your bookmarks, and as you type those tags in, the awesome bar will suggest matches. It just adds to the HUGE customizability that Firefox has.

The installation goes right over FF2 which makes things even easier.

So, in a nutshell, i suggest you get FF3.

Yes, but there are still some compatability issues with some add ons and some sites and activities.

Those who want to use something which is not compatible with FF3, should stick with FF2 until the needed update comes out.

"The Awesome Bar is a nice addition as you can tag your bookmarks, and as you type those tags in, the awesome bar will suggest matches."

Yes, FF 3 is good but I don't like the above function. If I type something in the address bar, I know exactly where I want to go; otherwise, I'll use Google search. I don't want to look at 10-12 suggested matches because I would have finished my typing then. I have it tweaked to none. They should have made that function toggled on and off depending on personal preference. Then it'll be perfect.

Firefox 3 is great. It really has used a lot less memory, Which is very good for me. I am avid firefox fan I have more then 10+ tabs open, and It doesn't slow down that much or even use more then a gig of ram, Thanks Mozilla. :thumbsup:

10 tabs and it uses less than 1 GB of RAM? Oh my!

Opera 9.51 with 10 tabs uses up on average 21% of my ancient AMD XP 2400+ CPU and a whole 36,000k of my 768MB of ram. Of course these figures would be lower if I logged into each site opened.

Opera 9.51 with 10 tabs uses up on average 21% of my ancient AMD XP 2400+ CPU and a whole 36,000k of my 768MB of ram. Of course these figures would be lower if I logged into each site opened.

Interesting. I did a little test comparison on my Linux box. First I ran FF 3.01 with 5 tabs open, also running Thunder bird 2.0.0.16, and my chat client Pidgin with two chat channels loaded. I then ran top and I had 8.6% CPU usage and 306 K RAM free of 768 MB RAM.

Then I fired up Opera 9.51. Opened up 5 tabs, loaded up the integrated e-mail client (using IMAP on my gmail account), and loaded up the integrated chat client with the same two chat channels. Ran top again, had 2.6% CPU usage and 327 K RAM free.

I'm a huge fan of FF 3.01. But, Opera 9.51 is faster. Opera FTW! :thumbsup:

Well, I prefer Opera for sites where there are big images. It just does great fast loading of pictures and media files (Although some sites have issues with opera so when you hit one of them you have to change for compatability). The built in torrent downloader, while not as fast as a dedicated torrent downloader is useful for smaller downloads when you want to use a torrent to take the load of the authors server.

Used to like azureus for that, but they changed to a bloated app VUZE so I prefer ABC (another bittorrent client) http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/download.php

I like FF for sites like this one , forums primarily ; and google searches where I can take advantage of Mcafee Site Advisor and WOT (Web of Trust) which do not work in Opera; for site ratings in the search results.

These days, with massive hard drives , support for huge amounts of RAM , and super powerful super fast processors; why limit yourself to one browser? Get them all, keep them up to date and use the one most appropriate for the task at hand.

Edited by Pete_C

I normally have thirty or forty tabs open in sessions lasting weeks (I only kill my browsers when I reboot for system updates) and I've rarely if ever seen Firefox 3 break 300 MiB.