Problems Installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

I can't install the antispyware program. I think that the malware is blocking installations of removal software, updates for AdAware and access to any software's website (page cannot be displayed). Searches for help are always hijacked.

I have the MediaTubeCodec variant.

I really need removal instructions that don't involve software, or a way to make the installer work, but neither seem to be addressed anywhere. If anyone could help (I imagine this post will get moved to another place), I would greatly appreciate it.

• 5 months later...

Rubber Ducky > I have the same problem, but probably it is even worse than in July. How and where do I rename mbam-setup.exe, so that I can download the programme? This f***ing malware does not allow me to do anything! It does not even allow me to download other spyware programmes!

It is very agressive and annoying. It pops up screens everywhere and anytime. When writing an e-mail, sometimes I activate it. Horrible! Please help!

Edwin, when it informs you that it comes back (or multiplies), does it show you where it's comming from? It should say something like: C:/(Name)/Documents/Pictures/Virus.exe, or whatever. If it does, find it and delete the whole thing, and if it comes back, I'm puzzled.

• 2 weeks later...

i have some sort of malware. keeps popping up, and deactivating my antivirus. (originaly it was also shutting off my automatic updates, but superantispyware fixed that)

now i am trying to install malwarebytes and i keep getting this message: mbab-setup-0.bin is missing, or now with the renamed file i'm getting: btmb-0.bin is missing.

how do i fix this AND get rid of this virus/malware/trojan (or whatever the heck it is)???

i have some sort of malware. keeps popping up, and deactivating my antivirus. (originaly it was also shutting off my automatic updates, but superantispyware fixed that)

now i am trying to install malwarebytes and i keep getting this message: mbab-setup-0.bin is missing, or now with the renamed file i'm getting: btmb-0.bin is missing.

how do i fix this AND get rid of this virus/malware/trojan (or whatever the heck it is)???

I've contacted the developer, hopefully we'll be able to figure this out.

B

• 1 month later...

I have tried this, no joy, malware bytes and hijackthis will not install..

sad... god I wish windows had a way of booting from a live cd so a app could fix it..

has anyone tested this as a cure

http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd

• 2 weeks later...

My experience when I can't get malwarebytes to install is usually do to a root kit. 9 out of 10 times if I run combofix first it will remove the root kit, then malwarebytes will install fine.

• 1 month later...

better option found.. Format.. reinstall.. install malwarebytes worked like a dream..

• 6 months later...

Please advize. have a very sick computer.. limited functions...have

absolutely no exe functions...when i attempt to try safe mode get a

running page of directories (can not make out complete address path but

driver is in all of them ) ...it then returns me to select page and

repeats unless i choose last good configuration or start up normal

...this started with windows antivirus pro pop ups and progressed from

there..have no desktop or task bar... can navigate thru task manager to see files and programs can not access most programs..did delete some files hmgpsysguard..and iehelper.dll ..no change ..currently have no browsers ..except can at times use firefox...

at times can not access secondary windows from websites.... have

capability to access emails thru outlook... BUT..when attempting to connect to website thru email ..nothing

either,, downloaded malewarebytes removal but once downloaded still cant execute program... desperately need help

... what to do???

thank you

roz

Please advize. have a very sick computer.. limited functions...have

absolutely no exe functions...when i attempt to try safe mode get a

running page of directories (can not make out complete address path but

driver is in all of them ) ...it then returns me to select page and

repeats unless i choose last good configuration or start up normal

...this started with windows antivirus pro pop ups and progressed from

there..have no desktop or task bar... can navigate thru task manager to see files and programs can not access most programs..did delete some files hmgpsysguard..and iehelper.dll ..no change ..currently have no browsers ..except can at times use firefox...

at times can not access secondary windows from websites.... have

capability to access emails thru outlook... BUT..when attempting to connect to website thru email ..nothing

either,, downloaded malewarebytes removal but once downloaded still cant execute program... desperately need help

... what to do???

thank you

roz

Create a new thread and post it in the following section of the forums.

Malware Removal

Please wait patiently for the experts to guide you on removing your malware.