Hi Folks!

I will appreciate it if you could advise me on the following matter:

I have downloaded a program in Winzip format. This consists of

three different files/sections.

I would like to detach one of these files, for seperate use, without affecting any of

the other two.

Can you please advise me on how to go about this?

Any assistance will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.

Gerry

Hi Folks!

I would like to detach one of these files, for seperate use, without affecting any of

the other two.

Thanks.

Gerry

IZARC is a great free zip file manager

http://www.izarc.org/

I am not really clear on what you are dealing with.

DO you have a single zip file which when opened contains three files?

Yes, you can select them individually and select extract selection and extract each one at a time.

Or do you mean you have three separate zip files and combined they form the program when all are extracted to a single folder and you only want to extract the contents of one?

Again there should be no problem extracting just what you want; but it may not be functional until all files are extracted and combined as needed.

Or did they use a file splitter or the zip file ability to split a larger compressed file into separate parts? If so , they must first be recombined and then extracted.

Hi Folks!

the other two.

Thanks.

Gerry

Yes, you can select them individually and select extract selection and extract each one at a time.

Or do you mean you have three separate zip files and combined they form the program when all are extracted to a single folder and you only want to extract the contents of one?

Again there should be no problem extracting just what you want; but it may not be functional until all files are extracted and combined as needed.

Or did they use a file splitter or the zip file ability to split a larger compressed file into separate parts? If so , they must first be recombined and then extracted.

Hi Folks!

the other two.

Thanks.

Gerry

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have a single zip file that contains three files when opened up. Two of them

are in Excel format (with calculators). I want to extract one of these Excel files for seperate use

I have downloaded the program from http://www.izarc.org/ but it is somewhat complicated.

Will this do the job? Where would I start?

Thanks.

Caught me on the machine I have 7-zip on rather than Izarc but it should work pretty much the same.

You will go to the zip file and double click it or right click and choose open with Izarc.

Then select the single file inside you want extracted and choose from the file menu to extract that file to another location (you can always extract them all to a single folder and then move them from there to where you want.

http://www.izarc.org/tutorials.html

How to extract files

Step 1: Select an archived file and double-click on it. If IZArc is configured correctly, it will be launched

and open your archive otherwise first open IZarc and then open the desired archived file.

Step 2: If you want to extract only few files from the archive you can select them in the file list

(Hold CTRL key to select more than one file).

Step 3: Select "Extract" from the Actions Menu or click on the Extract button.

Step 4: After Extract dialog appeared you can select the folder where your files will be extracted.

Step 5: Click Extract button.

Step 6: Close IZArc.

Caught me on the machine I have 7-zip on rather than Izarc but it should work pretty much the same.

You will go to the zip file and double click it or right click and choose open with Izarc.

Then select the single file inside you want extracted and choose from the file menu to extract that file to another location (you can always extract them all to a single folder and then move them from there to where you want.

How to extract files

Step 1: Select an archived file and double-click on it. If IZArc is configured correctly, it will be launched

and open your archive otherwise first open IZarc and then open the desired archived file.

Step 2: If you want to extract only few files from the archive you can select them in the file list

Step 4: After Extract dialog appeared you can select the folder where your files will be extracted.

How to extract files