Which Is The Best Internet Browser?

Like most people I have a a half dozen browsers on my system and use pretty much one. For most people I think Firefox is probably the best default browser. But if your a heavy social networker Flock is the browser to use. And on windows IE 7 is pretty slick much better then 6.

If your a Safari user on the Mac (not sure on windows) give Webkit a try. It uses Safari front end but does some underpinning mojo to make it scream on the Mac (again not sure on windows) especially on java heavy sites.

I absolutely hate IE and FF, Opera all the way. I hae had major issues with both of those browsers in the past, and haven't had one yet with Opera! I also believe Opera is faster than both.

I just check the browsers in my app folder , Safari, WebKit, Opera, Firefox, Flock, Omniweb, iCab and Shilira. My virtual XP has ie 7 and Safari.

I think it's time to make a commitment and dump the rest.

I just check the browsers in my app folder , Safari, WebKit, Opera, Firefox, Flock, Omniweb, iCab and Shilira. My virtual XP has ie 7 and Safari.

I think it's time to make a commitment and dump the rest.

Heh. Firefox (iceweasel), SeaMonkey (iceape), Opera, Safari, IE, Epiphany, NetFront, links, lynx and will probably reinstall Konqueror eventually. Committed to variety.

I prefer different browsers for different things.

One thing I like about both Firefox and IE7 is that you can use Mcafee Site Adviser and / or WOT to give safety ratings of search results. It is much faster in Firefox than IE though

http://www.mywot.com/

http://www.siteadvisor.com/

Then there are the things like stylish and no script and adblock in firefox which make it really great for forums and a lot of sites where you really do not want all the crap , but do not want everything blocked or want to be able to enable it quickly.

I like Opera mainly for its image handling capability. There is a firefox add on which does make the zoom image function comparable; but I really prefer opera for images.

On the other hand, even with add ons meant to make firefox work like IE; there are still some sites which just plain work better in IE and as such I prefer them there. For example one grocery store I like has its ad online; they switched to flash and in opera it loads to fast for you to click the 'don't show me the flash ad , show me the regular one" and to top it off, things get mangled and it keeps returning you to the selection page rather than loading the ad.

Of course on some sites, quick loading buffering and rendering of flash is advantageous.

So in the end, I say it really boils down to the sites you visit and what you are after at each site.

By the way, the only browser I tried recently that I did not like and finally uninstalled was Safari.

Did not like its updater, did not like the interface , did not like the difficulty in clearing things like temp files.

ATI vs NVidia

Apple vs Windows

AMD vs Pentium

It never ends the best browser is the one gets teh job done for you (while providing a relitively safe enviroment)

I love Opera ever since it's first release even when I had to pay for it. I would be a fool to say it is better in all areas than another browser.

I use differrent ones. IE works better with my company benefits sites, Firefox I use just for the stumble upon plugin.

Opera 97% of the time.

Edited by rhema7