Sanyo Digital Camera?

I bought a SANYO (VPC-S500) digital camera. I have 2 computers, #1 has XP on it and #2 has VISTA home basic.Where do I go to find the driver or whatever I need to put my pics on the VISTA pc? I called SANYO and they told me to get it from Microsoft. It works perfect on my XP, but that pc cannot handle much more. Not REAL computer smart, so forgive my ignorance. Thanks for any info you can provide!

This sounds ridiculous how can Vista a new operating system not have a driver.

But just get a card reader for the card in your camera, I would hope Vista would be able to read a card reader.

This sounds ridiculous how can Vista a new operating system not have a driver.

Easily. Sanyo hasn't released software that is compatible. It's not up to the OS to provide all drivers for proprietary hardware if the vendor can't be bothered to compile it.

Isn't there a universal mass storage driver that still sees the camera as a disk?

I still find it ridiculous that a big corporation like sanyo would not make a driver so their cameras would work on millions of computers.