Hello everyone! I did a os reinstall of win xp home on one of my computers and install the drivers for every device, and now I have ip issiues. I have tried release and renew and gives me and ip address of 19.168.1. xxx as i use a linksys wrt54g wireless router. The computer is wired, but does not seem to receive the net. I tried rebooting the modem and the router and still nothing. this computer is a AMD Athlon 64 bit 3000+ with gigabye GA- K8NF-9 motherboard with 1gb ram. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

Sceeter32

Edited by sceeter32
Hello everyone! I did a os reinstall of win xp home on one of my computers and install the drivers for every device, and now I have ip issiues. I have tried release and renew and gives me and ip address of 19.168.1. xxx as i use a linksys wrt54g wireless router. The computer is wired, but does not seem to receive the net. I tried rebooting the modem and the router and still nothing. this computer is a AMD Athlon 64 bit 3000+ with gigabye GA- K8NF-9 motherboard with 1gb ram. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

Sceeter32

Did you use the physically reset the router? There is usually a tiny button on the bottom of the router. You reset it with a safety pin, or something like that.

After that, unplug the router and modem, shut down the computer. Wait a minute or two, plug the modem and router back in and restart the computer.

If it works (usually does for me) you'll then have to go back into the router via the web browser and change the default setting for passwords etc.

Joe

Sceeter32

Did you use the physically reset the router? There is usually a tiny button on the bottom of the router. You reset it with a safety pin, or something like that.

After that, unplug the router and modem, shut down the computer. Wait a minute or two, plug the modem and router back in and restart the computer.

If it works (usually does for me) you'll then have to go back into the router via the web browser and change the default setting for passwords etc.

Joe

Hello I've tried that but doesn't work hit give me a message that some thing to do with can't find DHCP. I have had this computer hooked up wired before. Any ideas anyone?