I'm trying a game on a laptop right now and it works flawlessly, but with a small problem, since this is a first person shooter kind of game I don't use the keyboard on the laptop but instead I use a desktop keyboard by using one of these:

ps2keybconnector.jpg

(laptop doesn't have a PS/2 hole unfortunately)

The problem is, when I play using the external keyboard I experienced some delay (lag) of about 4 sec from time to time which in the middle of a heated match is just unacceptable. I have tried playing with the laptop's own keyboard and there's no delay or lag at all, so I'm wondering if this problem can be solved by purchasing an USB keyboard instead, anyone recomend a good brand in particular? it doesn't have to be a gaming keyboard, just a good cheap keyboard.

I would not be the one to answer which in using different keyboards in this situation.

But have you tried going into the keyboard properties and adjusting the speed and response times?

I may be worth trying a different adapter. That one might just not work well.

You mean the PS/2 to USB cable? I actually was thinking that could be the reason which is why I was looking forward to suggestions on an cheap but good USB keyboard

Edited by intocomputing2