No Wireless Connection After Sp3 Install

XP Pro on a IBM Thinkcentre up in my shop with a Linksys wireless-G adapter #wmp54G, after installing sp3, now it shows its hunting for a signal, low signal. Looked on Linksys site for updated drivers, I couldnt find any, any ideas short of uninstalling sp3? Not that thrilled with it anyway, followed the pinned guide to installing it, and so far on 2 computers it seems to have done nothing but slowed things down on one, firefox freezing, generally slow for everything else, the other one, cant tell much difference exept for the no connection problem. I might add, that now opening my computer takes ALOT longer, and when I try to repair the connection, it just hunts for ip, but cant do it. It will jump back and forth between connected and disconnected. Its great being computer illiterate.

Edited by HeavyJ

Have you tried rebooting everything?

1. turn off PC

2. unplug router

3. unplug cable/dsl modem (assuming you don't have dialup here)

**Wait one minute**

4. Plug modem in and wait for the lights to quit dancing around

5. Plug in router

6. start computer

Liz

Tried all that, even uninstalled the adapter, even physically uninstalled the thing, took it out, then reinstalled, rebooted more times than I care to count, hunted for updated drivers on linksys website, of which there are none mentioned for sp3 not even in their forums. I finally uninstalled sp3 and its working again. Oh well.

Have you tried:

1. Click Start > Run and type services.msc then press the <Enter> key

2. Scroll through the list and double click the Extensible Authentication Protocol Service entry.

3. Set this service to Automatic, click Start then OK.

4. Re-start the PC

[Extensible Authentication Protocol Service]

EAPSVC.DLL

You may see it described as "Microsoft EAPHost Service". EAPHost is a Microsoft Windows Networking component that provides an Extensible Authentication Protocol infrastructure for the authentication of "supplicant" protocol implementations such as 802.1X and Point-to-Point (PPP). The EAPHost APIs enable applications to authenticate using the EAPHost service, and provide a template for the development of conformant authentication methods for use with EAPHost.

Another thing would be to try the routers Setup Wizard again. There might be a change in how the old settings are compared to new upgrades and the old settings are not allowing you permission with the new upgrades.