Ok.. they haven't handed me my diploma yet, but yesterday was officially my last day of high school. :D I thought it would never come! I will be spending my summer still working (I'm a manager at the local Cold Stone Creamery--working there for two years now), and then I'm off to Miami University (that's in Ohio; not to be confused with the University of Miami) to major in computer science.

People say that finishing high school is sad and you'll never be as carefree again... but I'm pumped!!

Just thought I'd let you all know ;)

Congrats and elations !

People say that finishing high school is sad and you'll never be as carefree again... but I'm pumped!!

True. Your new freedom will offer many tangental choices that may affect your focus. Best luck to your future, and congratulations again.

Ha, I'm still pretty care free and am going into my 3rd year of college next semester. Then again, I live with my parents still and go to a community college in town so it's still kinda like high school (the reason why I am still in a CC is cause I changed degrees).

Howdy Everyone!!!

Good to see so many familiar names here still.

I just popped in and seen this thread and wanted to send my congratulations to Matt.

You still have a long road ahead of you but keep your chin up and soon enough you will be making big money at a good job!

Take Care everyone and I hope to be on more often!

Tyme

Congrats Matt: I can tell you that I was a tad sad when I graduated, and after my Project Grad Party, at 10AM, sitting at home the next day, I was thinking that I had done it all, then thought I would not see many of my friends again. This changed after about 15 Minutes when I realized that I had 4 years more of homework and classes and friends and such.

The biggest thrill for me was being able to stand and walk the line with my classmates. As an A.S. Candidate, I had to wait for about 40 minutes to get my degree. As a B.S. Candidate, in Professional Studies, I got to dawn a green hood, symbolic of a Business Division Graduate. You get these hoods for 4 year degrees. Most of my professors were wearing the colors of the specialties, and of course, PH.D's had Royal Blue hoods and closed sleeves.

Enjoy this, because you have embarked, as my professors would say, "on a journey that begins today, and will be the first day of the rest of your life" :)

Way To GO Man ;)

Brian

Edited by baker7